Anyone else’s Insurance renewal gone up ?

Chris S 1245

Reaction score
Mines £600 more then it was last year. Some companies also refusing to insure it as well .

Its a con tbh, my policy renewal was £240, my policy ended midnight on Saturday, rang them to renew sunday morning, they wouldn't insure me for £240, wanted to charge me £319 in space of 10 hours which I was asleep.

I then went to there website directly, got a quote, guess what, £239, others were minimum £219.

That is blatantly a rip of full stop,

Dial Direct is the company, they've been great to insure with, but when a company acts in this manner, it truly is very morally wrong.

Reactions: seventeenapg
The companies are for profit not morals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: seventeenapg and Chris S 1245
Whereas I appreciate that being in business myself, however in my situation, that is s **** take, customer loyalty & that's how they treat you,.if it was all profiteering, then why is it cheaper via there website, as it still uses manual labour so to speak to keep the site etc up.

Mines £600 more then it was last year. Some companies also refusing to insure it as well .
Try our site sponsor. Link below

I was with pace ward
Decent price last year and then they doubled it

called around for quotes and tried aib
Adrian flux
Sky insurance
And a plan and a plan came out top
Trumps matching my last years price.

all mods declared etc and ghost and tracker too

not sure why all the prices have gone ridiculous tbh

Its a con tbh, my policy renewal was £240, my policy ended midnight on Saturday, rang them to renew sunday morning, they wouldn't insure me for £240, wanted to charge me £319 in space of 10 hours which I was asleep.

I then went to there website directly, got a quote, guess what, £239, others were minimum £219.

That is blatantly a rip of full stop,

Dial Direct is the company, they've been great to insure with, but when a company acts in this manner, it truly is very morally wrong.
Wow thats cheap! You must live in a safe area with security provided by the SAS

I am with Direct line, i am old and insurance has gone down from £574 to £439 this year with legal cover/hire car etc - in fact all our 4 cars insurance has gone done. They are all with Direct line. It often seems cheaper to get it via an insurer through confused.com, etc but by the time you add the extras like protected NCD/hire car/legal is roughly the same or more.

Direct line, were a pain to get hold of regarding an insurance claim for the S3 - they like other insurers always harp on about how great they are but noone took ownership, the 3rd party management company was useless as we did all the work. In fact when it came to getting a hire car they tried to palm us off with a Vauxhall corsa - absolutely no way as thats not like for like. We ended up with a BMW 340i xdrive - happy with that! In the end it worked out well and also Direct Line agreed to let us use our local Audi main dealer to do the repairs - which were an eyewatering £7000, mostly party as labour cost wasnt that high. Wife was driving several cars behind an AO van which suddenly stopped and reversed into her at full speed. Absolute bellend. Luckily, all on dashcam. Needed new bumper, grille, radiator and few other bits. I know for a fact the grille part is about £600 (Audi stealer retail inflated OEM price). All fine in the end but why dont these insurers make the claims process simpler - all they do is introduce yet another clueless 3rd party into the process.

Last edited:
The other thing i hate about insurance is the sheer incompetence, noone seems to know what they are doing and things take forever. God help these people if they worked in fast paced environments like emergency services, IT or mobile telecoms. Its taken over 2 months for the 3rd party insurance to so far NOT respond to our insurers. Joke. The innocent party pays even when its not their fault. For example i have had to pay my excess of £250, which i wont get back until the lazt 3rd party insurer has responded and accepted liability. Surely the ctystal clear dashcam footage makes that obvious.

i have also wasted tons of time that i wont get paid for.

I worked in insurance 37 years ago when 17, 1st job. Did it for 3 months and hated it, and went to college instead as it was that rubbish. But virtually nothing changed in all that time, they dont get a toss about customers. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Yup mine went up, from £264 to £266, scandalous. That was with Aviva, and not living in South Central Baghdad.

All mine, cars and bikes, have come down this year. Compared to last year, my total premiums are £250 less.

The removal of Introductory discounts to new customers which became illegal this year impacted pricing across the market.

Irrespective of that most car insurers now use dynamic pricing with multiple factors being used provide you with a quote. They also price to attract certain types of business but place limits on the amount they are willing to underwrite at a certain cost. Once this has been reached the price goes up even if your circumstances remain the same. This can also result in your renewal premium being increased even if you have not made any claims.

Some of the factors used are more obvious than others, points on licence!, type of cover, car excess, location etc. Others are not including how far in advance you are looking to insure the car from where the closer the quote is to policy start date the more expensive it becomes (bit like buying airplane tickets) with the optimum period for the cheapest being around 3 weeks before a policy is due to start.

as with all insurance it pays to shop around

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.

I was with pace ward
Decent price last year and then they doubled it

called around for quotes and tried aib
Adrian flux
Sky insurance
And a plan and a plan came out top
Trumps matching my last years price.

all mods declared etc and ghost and tracker too

not sure why all the prices have gone ridiculous tbh

I’m with Adrian Flux and I went up £20 to £640 for 700hp mods with Ghost & tracker

Try our site sponsor. Link below
Sandra,
Do you know if they cover N Ireland and offer insurance for our modded cars?
Thanks.

Sandra,
Do you know if they cover N Ireland and offer insurance for our modded cars?
Thanks.
Give them a phone and they be able to tell you if they cover N Ireland. I’m sure modded cars is allowed

I'm dreading my insurance renewal quote I've got an RS3 FL. I was insured with Admiral last year through confused.com all mods declared for £622. Got an email today from confused.com as my insurance is up at the start of July. Cheapest quote they're getting me is £2500 I've not had any claims or convictions in 8 years. Genuinely have no idea wtf is going on.

Lots of different factors go into underwriting and premium calculations but part of the answer will be the removal of introductory discounts which we’re made illegal fro the beginning of this year.

I insured my TTRS though Admiral a couple of years ago and they were by far the cheapest as a result of 20% introductory discount they gave me - the following year my premium more than doubled despite being claim free so went with another insurer.

I’ve now got a 3 year fixed price as long as nothing that impacts the underwriting of the policy changes which I was more than happy to go with as the premium was extremely competitive to begin with

My Admiral insurance has increased on renewal this month from £450 to £600 for a PFL RS3 and Skoda Fabia on a multi car policy (£400 & £200). I know you’re going to get the world’s smallest violin out for me given some of the increases above, but it’s still 33%.

More importantly, that’s still the cheapest combined price I could find. It doesn’t bode well for the renewal in September on my VW camper (which I’ve not been able to combine with the others into one policy).

Reactions: Spencer589
My Admiral insurance has increased on renewal this month from £450 to £600 for a PFL RS3 and Skoda Fabia on a multi car policy (£400 & £200). I know you’re going to get the world’s smallest violin out for me given some of the increases above, but it’s still 33%.

More importantly, that’s still the cheapest combined price I could find. It doesn’t bode well for the renewal in September on my VW camper (which I’ve not been able to combine with the others into one policy).
Actually it gives me a bit of hope that when admiral do send me a renewal quote it might not be as harsh as the quotes confused.com sent me

I'm dreading my insurance renewal quote I've got an RS3 FL. I was insured with Admiral last year through confused.com all mods declared for £622. Got an email today from confused.com as my insurance is up at the start of July. Cheapest quote they're getting me is £2500 I've not had any claims or convictions in 8 years. Genuinely have no idea wtf is going on.
Ive just renewed with Admiral with mods declared for £719, comparison sites all coming back 2500+ I was flapping a bit, FL RS3

give them a bell 21 days before renewal

Did you try Adrian Flux? I thought my £640 for bigger turbo, built engine 700hp was pretty good.

Got a renewal quote today from Admiral for £791 I'm gonna try Adrian Flux, AIB and Direct Line tomorrow.

All’s well that ends well for me… or, at least, slightly better.
Although my premium went up from £450 to £590 for both cars, I found that a remap added only £6.91 - so I’m going Stage 1 soon. :)

Reactions: jebusRS
Never understood insurance, my first car at 17 was £1500 a year and now I'm closer to 40 with full NCB and my insurance is just under half that...everyone else pays £300 a year at my age and I pay £800 a year... cheapest quote. Standard boring car too.

My s3 in the most nickable colour (nano grey) at a time when they were getting stolen was cheaper to insure than my 1 year older a5 190, for example. £200 a year less. How?

Since 2015 the group that Direct line is with won't even give me a quote...all that's happened is I've got more NCB. Not sure how that works...

I reckon super high insurance is how they will force us into electric cars soon.