Phone Holder

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've always struggled finding something decent to hold the phone in place.

I like to use Wazes a lot on my phone and ideally put a phone holder in the vents. Not owned an audi before so not sure what type will work.

The ones who have had their cars, what have you guys got as phone holders, where are they located and how good are they?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I've always struggled finding something decent to hold the phone in place.

I like to use Wazes a lot on my phone and ideally put a phone holder in the vents. Not owned an audi before so not sure what type will work.

The ones who have had their cars, what have you guys got as phone holders, where are they located and how good are they?

Thanks

Just leave it in your pocket and use the MMI screen for Waze through Android auto or Apple CarPlay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Harry4life786
Yeah Apple carplay is awesome. no need for your phone to be in a holder.

Someone on here made their own wireless charger that was quite cleaver with a charging pad in cubby under the mmi, personally gonna do the same when my vorsprung arrives

• Love
Reactions: 3vans and jimbo255
Just always been used to looking at the phone. Find it easier for a weird reason.

Used android auto with the MK 7.5 R, never really liked it. Always seemed laggy to me but hopefully better on this. Thanks fellas

Reactions: Daggerit
So far I've found both Android Auto and Carplay to be plenty quick enough, a lot better than the 8v High MMI system.
Unless I'm on a longer trip, where I plug the phone in for better quality music, my phone stays away.

Funnily enough I'm not actually missing wireless charging like I thought I would, even in the 8v I still plugged in for better quality (and lack of Wireless AA/Carplay).

I didn't realise it till they said the Vorsprungs wouldn't get wireless chargers that it actually effects the shape of that storage area, the 8V had it in the armrest

1 thing I really do miss about the 8V is the location of the cup holders especially if you had them with the led white surround lights it was a simple but nice touch they felt more solid and useful so far the 8Y's new cupholder just looks a bit poor doubt it can hold anything substantial without affecting the arm rest but then again maybe the guys who have their cars can shed some light on how they are finding it

1 thing I really do miss about the 8V is the location of the cup holders especially if you had them with the led white surround lights it was a simple but nice touch they felt more solid and useful so far the 8Y's new cupholder just looks a bit poor doubt it can hold anything substantial without affecting the arm rest but then again maybe the guys who have their cars can shed some light on how they are finding it
Don’t put the pedal to the metal with any unsealed drinks. Talking from experience….

• Haha
Reactions: kayemill, Sibz156 and Daggerit
Don’t put the pedal to the metal with any unsealed drinks. Talking from experience….
Pretty sure that was brought up in the Carwow review when he spilt a whole coffee or Red Bull in the cup holder. Hahaha

Reactions: kayemill