New MMI Issue - driving me mad!!!

GDM

Reaction score
So can't see that anyone has had this problem. New Audi A3 Edition Auto with CS Pack (picked up last week). The touchscreen on the MMI is not working. Happened yesterday. Anything I touch doesn't do anything. It stays like this. I then turned off car for an hour and it starting working again!. This morning frozen and still frozen.
It's booked in with Audi but can only get next Friday.

anyone had the same. I can see the screen and I can issue voice commands and the screen changes when I ask for Radio. Just the touchscreen is not obeying my commands. There not haptic sound either!

Thanks

Welcome to the first of probably many issues. Yep, that’s happened to me a number of times. Sometimes it happens when I have started the car after a it’s not been used for a few hours, sometimes it happens when I turn the engine off to get fuel and come back only minutes later. Dealers never seem to find or acknowledge the fault.

Welcome to the first of probably many issues. Yep, that’s happened to me a number of times. Sometimes it happens when I have started the car after a it’s not been used for a few hours, sometimes it happens when I turn the engine off to get fuel and come back only minutes later. Dealers never seem to find or acknowledge the fault.
Oh no that's no good! I have it booked in for next week - they going to update the MMI...though I just got the car which was build week 2 so can't believe it's not already the latest version!
I started the car last night and it wasn't frozen...so I removed the local user I added. So now I just have one user and hope that resolves it, though can't see why!
Do you have multiple users? How often does it happen to you?
It didn't happen for the first 4 days. Then day 4 I set up a local user (my Wife) as she likes different settings to me. Then the day after it happened and again then next day.
Hasn't happened this morning so far...

Try to get any Comms with the dealer in writing etc so you have some history. This may come in useful if you experience more issues further down the line.

Fingers crossed though it seems some of the major ones (such as SOS and mmi reboots have started to be fixed now)

Last edited:
Try to get any Comms with the dealer in writing etc so you have some history. This may come in useful if you experience more issues further down the line.

Fingers crossed though it seems some of the major ones (such as SOS and mmi reboots have started to be fixed now)
Will do - I am on MMI version 3620. Looking on other threads this is the latest...so not sure Im confident of them fixing this issue, esp as no one else seems to have had this on this forum except AudiA3Newbie above (who never got it solved!)

Anyway it's still happening and I only have the Key user now....it never happens on its first drive of the day. But other drives it doesn't appear to happen more often that not

Touch wood, had the car for 6 months now, the touchscreen has never yet frozen. Usually I start the car, press 'OK' on screen, log in as 'Guest' and away I go.

Mine does not freeze but quite often it does not come on (just the backlight). The functionality still works. I have to perform a reset with the scroll wheel and it reboots and comes back on. I am living with it until it’s first service as I have read on here many times about cars going in for software updates for various issues and coming back worse than before they went in.

Ok so for those interested in a update. It was the touchscreen. They replaced it and all now working ok so far. They had the car 3 days!
Day 1 pretty sure they did nothing
Day 2 they reinstalled software and realised it still didn’t work so order new screen
Day 3 they replaced and I got the car back.
The issue is I had the problem day 2 of getting the car then had to wait 2 weeks before they could fit me in!
Anyway onto compensation. They offered £250 after a bit of back and forth.
I thinking throwing in a free service is better and waiting for someone to call me back on that.
What’s others views, experience here?
Thx