Radio on by default

Rjw76

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Pre-FL 8V - the radio (or media player) always defaults to on when I start the car, even if it was off when I last turned off the ignition. I know it's easy to just turn it off again but, as I don't always listen to the radio, I find this quite annoying and I was wondering if there is a way to stop this happening - either how it's set before turning the ignition off, or coding?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

if you hold the volume knob in the centre console pressed down it will shut off the entire mmi system, not sure if this is what youre after but it wont come on again at ignition. you could also try setting it to bluetooth/cd, it shouldnt automatically switch back to radio

Hi all, I have a Pre-FL 8V - the radio (or media player) always defaults to on when I start the car, even if it was off when I last turned off the ignition. I know it's easy to just turn it off again but, as I don't always listen to the radio, I find this quite annoying and I was wondering if there is a way to stop this happening - either how it's set before turning the ignition off, or coding?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I never listen to the radio mines is default to sd card. Or usb or cd. Or ipod depends what I've picked

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Known issue on PFL.

A workaround is to download a track called A a a Very Good Song (which is 10 minutes of silence) and put it on an SD card.

Thanks all. I get the options of selecting SD card, etc. I could do that, but for me it not wanting any media or radio to come on. I'll try shutting it down with the vol knob to see if that works. Thanks.

I've been involved in this before, and I've chosen an online radio that can run throughout your journey, no longer being suspended in the unlikely event.