Help Needed With PDC Module Location! Confused!

Nick_db

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm wondering if I can pick a few brains please?
I have a 2007 S3 (3 door hatchback) and I'm trying to replace the PDC Control Module as my parking sensors have started playing up.
The research I've done so far tells me that the module is behind the trim in the boot on the left side, only upon removing the trim I can't find the module. All I have behind there is the Bose subwoofer unit, I've removed that too convinced that it might be behind there but it isn't so I am officially confused!
I have a replacement unit to install so I know what it looks like and how big it is.
Is it in a different location because of the subwoofer?

Thanks for the help!

Its on the right side.

Reactions: Nick_db
Its on the right side.
Dammit! Now why did I think left???

I had a peek under the right trim and saw a metal box/heatsink mounted on some sort of large black plastic frame.
Is it under all of that?

Check mine. Only the PDC module on the bracket.
Depending on the year and equipment there might be more there!

Attachments

• 5B38458B-D3A5-414B-ABE9-596C0D7D8B9A.jpeg
    5B38458B-D3A5-414B-ABE9-596C0D7D8B9A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 255
Out of interest, where's the front bumper parking sensor module located?

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

for front and rear PDC, only the one module on the rear. The cables travel from the boot to the front!
I have front and rear PDC and PLA (park assist). Again only one module.

Reactions: RoscoG
for front and rear PDC, only the one module on the rear. The cables travel from the boot to the front!
I have front and rear PDC and PLA (park assist). Again only one module.
Thanks George!

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

It's located on the right.The one uptop it's the PDC.Scan the car to see what faults you have and go from there
20220319 163233

Thanks for the help guys, it was on the right as you've all said but on a different bracket behind what appears to be my Bose amplifier.
New module doesn't change anything so I'm guessing the sensors themselves have failed - no clicking from any of them.
Is there anything else it could be?

Thanks for the help guys, it was on the right as you've all said but on a different bracket behind what appears to be my Bose amplifier.
New module doesn't change anything so I'm guessing the sensors themselves have failed - no clicking from any of them.
The best way to check it is via VCDS it should tell you the problem is

Usually the PDC system if something is wrong, beeps continiusly for some seconds and stops working and beeping. Even if just one sensor is faulty.
Do you hear a continuous beep when you put the car on reverse? If no, maybe the module doesn't even have power.
In anyway you should find someone with VCDS to diagnose.