Sub port under the car.

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
Here it is then.
The other side of the hole under the rear left.
0e70a767273c690fb4b786c909db91ef.jpg

bfc89cd915cb1a2e483dc2d09bac6cea.jpg

0da61a309cad526a1a94e6044eb299c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Latest rumour is it yells “stop you TW4T” when your about to curb your wheels. Obviously only available on the base models and launch editions as it was dropped from vorsprungs due to chip shortages

• Haha
Reactions: RSt3ve and Terminator x
Driving or steering? :blow:

:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: 8YARWY
Latest rumour is it yells “stop you TW4T” when your about to curb your wheels. Obviously only available on the base models and launch editions as it was dropped from vorsprungs due to chip shortages

Pauperspungs

Reactions: RSt3ve
Here it is then.
The other side of the hole under the rear left.
0e70a767273c690fb4b786c909db91ef.jpg

bfc89cd915cb1a2e483dc2d09bac6cea.jpg

0da61a309cad526a1a94e6044eb299c8.jpg

So are we thinking it is some sort of 'engine noise' emitter?

I noticed the other day when I went 180 mile round trip (to get rear measured for boot (dog) liner) that on a couple of occasions when driving along in either ‘auto’ or ‘efficiency’ that when I asked for a little acceleration the car changed down and there was the oddest ‘growl’ noise from the rear for about a second and then straight back to quiet again

I noticed the other day when I went 180 mile round trip (to get rear measured for boot (dog) liner) that on a couple of occasions when driving along in either ‘auto’ or ‘efficiency’ that when I asked for a little acceleration the car changed down and there was the oddest ‘growl’ noise from the rear for about a second and then straight back to quiet again
I'm going for it being standard sub porting, they shift a lot of air when in full action and by the looks of that enclosure bits would be blown all over the place with a nice bit of thrash metal!
Whilst it's not fully sealed, subs can die pretty quickly if they are 'suffocated' and they sound awful too.

I'm going for it being standard sub porting, they shift a lot of air when in full action and by the looks of that enclosure bits would be blown all over the place with a nice bit of thrash metal!
Whilst it's not fully sealed, subs can die pretty quickly if they are 'suffocated' and they sound awful too.

Correct !

It turns the rear arch into a Sub. The port is there to vent airflow.

I asked my mate who has knowledge of this subject.

On the 8V it was mounted in the wheel well so had airflow.

Reactions: RSt3ve

If you hit the threshold where the exhaust flap opened then that will be it.

Not sure if it's the same on Audis but on VWs the Soundaktor fake engine noise thing is at the bottom of the windscreen somewhere.

Not sure if it's the same on Audis but on VWs the Soundaktor fake engine noise thing is at the bottom of the windscreen somewhere.

Not on the 5 cylinder.

If it was something like that there would be a module in the gateway to control it like on the Golfs / S3’s etc.

Reactions: JamesOff
Correct !

It turns the rear arch into a Sub. The port is there to vent airflow.

I asked my mate who has knowledge of this subject.

On the 8V it was mounted in the wheel well so had airflow.

It's definitely a smart engineering solution no doubt required when the battery guy/gal decided their part was going in the boot. The external port would be a last resort I'm sure, but overall the lesser of two problems.

It's definitely a smart engineering solution no doubt required when the battery guy/gal decided their part was going in the boot. The external port would be a last resort I'm sure, but overall the lesser of two problems.

Battery was in the boot on both 8P and 8V.

On the 8Y there’s no sunken wheel well so no where to put a sub.

Battery was in the boot on both 8P and 8V.

On the 8Y there’s no sunken wheel well so no where to put a sub.

Ah right, didn't know that. Assumed it would be as per the 8v S3.

Dash cam now done.

dd62aaa6912189cd7e2308f9a6bdb044.jpg