Miltek - not sure it helps :(

I think I’d maybe said on here before that one of the guys up near me had his RSQ3 in for development with Milltek (the green one they used for the videos and publicity stuff) and I really don’t think it’s much better.

Yes, it makes things a little louder and a little deeper but for £2.5k it’s not something I’d add to my car. I think ideally I’d be saving that money for a OPF bypass pipe with sports cat and a remap and keep the rest of the exhaust system from there back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually a valved OFP bypass could be a cheap winner. Specially if it was connected to the normal valves.

Wonder if there's room for that. Or does it already exist?

Actually a valved OFP bypass could be a cheap winner. Specially if it was connected to the normal valves.

Wonder if there's room for that. Or does it already exist?

I couldn’t tell you for sure, but I imagine it’s pretty tightly packaged under there. And without a remap I’d also imagine that it would flag all sorts of errors when the sensors stop detecting pressure. Just a guess though.

No point in rev'ing any modern car from neutral imho as they are all regulated to literally be no louder than a hoover. On the move though I think the RS3 still sounds good albeit not great any more.

Imho the only way to get the sound back is to remove or bypass the OPF / whatever although then in theory laws are being broken etc.

TX.

Reactions: Daggerit
We need some comparisons under load, static revving doesn't really prove/demonstrate a lot and isn't what people want to hear unless it's at Sainsbury's car park on a Sunday evening.

If anything, that video shows Audi did pretty well with the stock/sport system.

Reactions: Terminator x and Daggerit
I have to say that one of my big concerns choosing the Merc (CLA45s) over the RS3 was the sound that it makes.

I am a bit underwhelmed at the sound my exhaust makes most of the time (although people do look round so it must be loud enough) but to be fair to it, it does give some good pops and bangs!

I had considered an aftermarket exhaust for mine too so these videos are often interesting to me, but these modern cars just don’t lend themselves to it. I’d looked at a Akrapovich for mine but it’s £4K!!! It’s just not worth it.

If you start getting rid of the OPF then that’s probably better but who is going to make a car that is likely on a PCP basically illegal?

I’m sure, as has been pointed out, that this would sound considerably better under load. I just wish they weren’t all so muted

… to add as well that as we have got nicer weather recently in the UK I’ve spent some time driving my car with the windows down and the exhaust amplification turned off. I honestly think my 2017 S3 sounded better most of the time!

I have to say that one of my big concerns choosing the Merc (CLA45s) over the RS3 was the sound that it makes.

I am a bit underwhelmed at the sound my exhaust makes most of the time (although people do look round so it must be loud enough) but to be fair to it, it does give some good pops and bangs!

I had considered an aftermarket exhaust for mine too so these videos are often interesting to me, but these modern cars just don’t lend themselves to it. I’d looked at a Akrapovich for mine but it’s £4K!!! It’s just not worth it.

If you start getting rid of the OPF then that’s probably better but who is going to make a car that is likely on a PCP basically illegal?

I’m sure, as has been pointed out, that this would sound considerably better under load. I just wish they weren’t all so muted
Is it illegal or just an MOT failure?

Found this:

IS IT LEGAL?​

GPF / PFF removal is normally advertised for “off-road use only”. Tampering with a road-going vehicle’s emissions system is illegal and could invalidate your insurance if you’re caught up in an accident. You have been warned.

Reactions: Daggerit and abmat
Yeah as soon as I saw this it’s the reason I pretty much ruled out doing the exhaust as I wasn’t convinced the results would be good enough.

… to add as well that as we have got nicer weather recently in the UK I’ve spent some time driving my car with the windows down and the exhaust amplification turned off. I honestly think my 2017 S3 sounded better most of the time!

Exhaust amplification?
In know there's engine sound enhancement in the MMI, but this doesn't impact the exhaust following some tests I did.
Have I missed something?

Exhaust amplification?
In know there's engine sound enhancement in the MMI, but this doesn't impact the exhaust following some tests I did.
Have I missed something?

Sorry I’m referring to my Merc and just generally bemoaning modern car exhaust sound!

Reactions: RSt3ve
I guess what I’m getting at is now I can get an indication of the external sound during motion, I’ve wound the windows down and turned off the pumped in exhaust sound so I can hear properly.

It’s disappointing sadly

Sorry I’m referring to my Merc and just generally bemoaning modern car exhaust sound!

Ah ok, makes sense.
Yeah it is a bit sad really, going to get much worse, my 4 and 7 year old nieces call my brother's Corvette C7 a naughty loud car. I'll thought they were kidding but it appears the brainwashing, sorry, education, is working well even at that age as they started spouting off about carbon!!

Reactions: SILVAF0XX

Lol don’t start the PCP argument off

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
Ah ok, makes sense.
Yeah it is a bit sad really, going to get much worse, my 4 and 7 year old nieces call my brother's Corvette C7 a naughty loud car. I'll thought they were kidding but it appears the brainwashing, sorry, education, is working well even at that age as they started spouting off about carbon!!

My M5C was mental, just got in before the OPF version which is almost soundless by all accounts!

M5 v2

TX.