Brakes too sharp !!!

Bob i

Reaction score
Hi all i have a 2017 S3 2 door,, not had it long, think the brakes have been upgraded they are vented and grooved,, also has the yellow squash pads ?? anyway at slow speeds and i mean parking or stop start the brakes are really too harsh any idea if that how they should be ?/

Last edited by a moderator:
Brakes are robustly assisted compared to many cars, its what you get used to. "Borderline dangerous" my son used to call them.

If the brakes have been upgraded with larger discs or different calipers then they could be to responsive at low speeds. All the controls on a modern car are designed to be light and very easy to operate. Gone are the days of heavy clutch and brake pedals and non servo assisted steering. If you change the front calipers for items with different piston area this can have a major change in brake pedal feel. You can end up with an almost on/off pedal with little movement or a long travel soft pedal with a lot of movement. Little you can do about it except get used too it.

Hi all i have a 2017 S3 2 door,, not had it long, think the breaks have been upgraded they are vented and grooved,, also has the yellow squash pads ?? anyway at slow speeds and i mean parking or stop start the brakes are really too harsh any idea if that how they should be ?/

From your description of how they look, it does seem as though someone has put in ClubSport or 3rd party discs and pads.

Mines been kind of like that since new. Overly assisted with initial pedal press then eases off with assistance.

Gone are the days of heavy clutch and brake pedals
I guess I'm about the only person here that prefers a heavy clutch and brake pedal setup then?

I suppose it's probably a hangup from racing, but feedback is all important to me.

Reactions: AlS3BE