ASR exhaust valve controller

Out of interest, will you guys deactivate or remove the unit when you take the car into Audi for a service? Fitted today. Wow, what a difference!

I won’t bother removing, I’ll just deactivate and then reactivate when I collect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigtasty
Out of interest, will you guys deactivate or remove the unit when you take the car into Audi for a service? Fitted today. Wow, what a difference!

Mine went in for a new rack so I deactivated it.
When it when back in the day after for re-alignment I left it switched on.

Reactions: bigtasty
I turned down the ‘piped in sound’ today to 30% as the exhaust is starting to gain more noise now.
Car sounds better inside too.

Reactions: Daggerit and Terminator x
I turned down the ‘piped in sound’ today to 30% as the exhaust is starting to gain more noise now.

You know that funny speaker that is visible from underneath the car? Is that responsible for the piped in sound?

Also try the car with the rear seats down, the noise from either the piped in sound or the exhaust increases quite dramatically

You know that funny speaker that is visible from underneath the car? Is that responsible for the piped in sound?

Also try the car with the rear seats down, the noise from either the piped in sound or the exhaust increases quite dramatically

It’s a subwoofer.
Lol seats up is loud enough inside for me.

I thought the piped in sound was being generated by a Soundakjer in the front around the dash.

How many miles have you done now mate? Any noticeable pops and bangs and which setting do you have on for more noise (dynamic, RS individual etc)?

How many miles have you done now mate? Any noticeable pops and bangs and which setting do you have on for more noise (dynamic, RS individual etc)?

I’ve noticed some subtle burbles starting to appear on overrun when the valves are open. Even in Efficiency mode.

Hopefully they’ll keep improving/increasing.

I’ve noticed some subtle burbles starting to appear on overrun when the valves are open. Even in Efficiency mode.

Hopefully they’ll keep improving/increasing.

Amazing! Although I do miss the old pop and bangs sound.

Separately, I think I read either in this or the other ASR thread that someone used the race chip instead of buying the ASR. Completely different equipments so I’m wondering if you could combine as one is hooked up to the engine and the other in the cable port of the passenger side?

Reactions: Daggerit

You won’t get PFL pops and bangs from a OPF car.

Even the Daza in stock form was nothing like and it was only when I tweaked mine using TunerPro (Dyno Spectrum system) that I could have PFL levels of those.

The Ignition ****** from the factory on Daza DNWA is very mild so they are hardly noticeable.

The new car does burble in certain situations though.
Up shift noise is no where near previous cars either.

Start up bark is more evident in Perfornance mode if you switch it to that first.

I’m still running the beta JB4 which I find does improve the sound a little bit more.

The best sound I ever had was on my Daza engine FL running a stage 2 file that was using the high lift portion of the exhaust cams at idle, the car sounded fantastic.

There's on 8P around my way with pops and bangs. Sounds ridiculous. Especially as they have it turned on all the time so they'll be doing 20mph and it sounds like a group B rally car. Kinda reminds me of being a kid and sticking a playing card in the spokes of my bike..

If it's genuine flames, pops etc that's cool. But running a tune to melt your turbo to fake the effect makes no sense. I'm getting older by the minute

Reactions: Deleted member 160894 and 8YARWY
There's on 8P around my way with pops and bangs. Sounds ridiculous. Especially as they have it turned on all the time so they'll be doing 20mph and it sounds like a group B rally car. Kinda reminds me of being a kid and sticking a playing card in the spokes of my bike..

If it's genuine flames, pops etc that's cool. But running a tune to melt your turbo to fake the effect makes no sense. I'm getting older by the minute

It’s become tiresome really like you say, every Ford fiesta etc does it now.

Segment on the one show now about the clamp down on noisy cars, and an RS3 was shown in the clip

Still waiting for ASR valve to arrive. Apart from a confirmation email, does he send you a video instruction or is just a hard back instruction manual within the package?

Still waiting for ASR valve to arrive. Apart from a confirmation email, does he send you a video instruction or is just a hard back instruction manual within the package?

There are links to videos to show you installation. PM me if you want any first hand experience and I can help as much as possible.

Once you get the Despatch confirmation email of despatch "IHRE BESTELLUNG WURDE VERSANDT" then it will sit with UPS in Germany until the custom charges are paid, even though you may get a email stating delivery date. Once custom charges are paid, then another 2-3 working days for UPS to deliver.

Reactions: Daggerit
Hey guys! Just got the ASR installed from Awesome GTI. They have a different controller from the one they sell under miltek brand apparently, however the installation was the same. The mechanic told me that they don’t get any instructions in English it’s all in German. We looked at the ASR website about clicking down 5 times and 10 times this but it came to fruition.

Right now I understand that the unlock and lock is for valves and the other button is to change it to factory settings as a reset for default mode.

however, does anyone have any knowledge on what 1, 2 and 3 do? Additionally, what are the inputs (ie click how many times?!)?

thanks so much!

Attachments

• 0D583465-A8A2-4E17-8B21-410895DC156E.jpeg
    0D583465-A8A2-4E17-8B21-410895DC156E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
Hey guys! Just got the ASR installed from Awesome GTI. They have a different controller from the one they sell under miltek brand apparently, however the installation was the same. The mechanic told me that they don’t get any instructions in English it’s all in German. We looked at the ASR website about clicking down 5 times and 10 times this but it came to fruition.

Right now I understand that the unlock and lock is for valves and the other button is to change it to factory settings as a reset for default mode.

however, does anyone have any knowledge on what 1, 2 and 3 do? Additionally, what are the inputs (ie click how many times?!)?

thanks so much!

So they sold you the ASR but couldn’t tell you what the remotes do

thanks so much!

Button 1 = Sport mode valves open

Button 2 = Comfort mode valves closed

Button 3 = Normal operation of Valves

Button 1 = Sport mode valves open

Button 2 = Comfort mode valves closed

Button 3 = Normal operation of Valves

Thanks very much! Will try in the morning :)

Does clicking down 5 times etc as per the ASR website do anything?

Isn’t that for the module that used the cruise control stalk rather than these buttons? Could be wrong but don’t think that’s applicable to your module.

Lol

Now I don’t mean to be funny…….but,

If Awesome GTI fitted this for you and couldn’t tell you what the 3 buttons did or indeed that pressing the button 5 times remembers the ‘last setting’ then there’s something seriously wrong with their product knowledge……..

Must be too busy making you tube videos or entertaining EvilGT then.

b79b08a1c9c12089290d53b760facb4a.jpg

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
Lol

Now I don’t mean to be funny…….but,

If Awesome GTI fitted this for you and couldn’t tell you what the 3 buttons did or indeed that pressing the button 5 times remembers the ‘last setting’ then there’s something seriously wrong with their product knowledge……..

Must be too busy making you tube videos or entertaining EvilGT then.

b79b08a1c9c12089290d53b760facb4a.jpg

I stand corrected!

Reactions: RS03???, Mike.46, RS3ree and 1 other person
Note for the thread, I nervously fitted my ASR a good few months ago. The car was serviced yesterday by Audi, absolutely no mention of the ASR, or any errors.

Reactions: Terminator x
Note for the thread, I nervously fitted my ASR a good few months ago. The car was serviced yesterday by Audi, absolutely no mention of the ASR, or any errors.

I actually left mine on last time it was in

Reactions: kayemill and itsbigyellow
I actually left mine on last time it was in

Mine went in for the recent seatbelt update with the ASR still fitted and enabled and they encountered a software issue that meant the car was with them for a week and they ended up having to get technicians in Germany to help fix the issue, but at no point did they find or mention about the ASR valve... I was absolutely bricking it for the whole time it was in with them but it was fine! The car has just gone back in for a sat nav issue and I physically removed the ASR controller this time, but it was more just for peace of mind.

Mine went in for the recent seatbelt update with the ASR still fitted and enabled and they encountered a software issue that meant the car was with them for a week and they ended up having to get technicians in Germany to help fix the issue, but at no point did they find or mention about the ASR valve... I was absolutely bricking it for the whole time it was in with them but it was fine! The car has just gone back in for a sat nav issue and I physically removed the ASR controller this time, but it was more just for peace of mind.

It won’t affect it there’s no reason for them to look in that area, even if replacement of MMI is needed all the quad lock connectors are on the MMI 5F unit that’s in the glovebox.

The install for me and my ASR unit went pretty smoothly for the most part (excluding SSA memory but that's another story) But I now have errors which I can't clear with OBDeleven and I'm concerned.

Has any of you had similar issues or any thoughts on if I'll have trouble next time I go into Audi for service?

Trouble codes:
P208400 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Range/Performance
Intermittent
P208600 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Bank 2 Range/Performance
Intermittent
P208000 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Bank1 Range/Performance
Intermittent
P1A9100 - Particulate filter bank 1, indicator lamp active
Intermittent

B1802F1 - NV-Energy management Alarm triggered
Intermittent
B18B0F0 - VKMS Missing adaptation
Intermittent
U105000 - Battery monitoring control module No Communication
Intermittent

The install for me and my ASR unit went pretty smoothly for the most part (excluding SSA memory but that's another story) But I now have errors which I can't clear with OBDeleven and I'm concerned.

Has any of you had similar issues or any thoughts on if I'll have trouble next time I go into Audi for service?

Trouble codes:
P208400 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Range/Performance
Intermittent
P208600 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Bank 2 Range/Performance
Intermittent
P208000 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Bank1 Range/Performance
Intermittent
P1A9100 - Particulate filter bank 1, indicator lamp active
Intermittent

B1802F1 - NV-Energy management Alarm triggered
Intermittent
B18B0F0 - VKMS Missing adaptation
Intermittent
U105000 - Battery monitoring control module No Communication
Intermittent

Have you unlocked SFD and bonnet unlatched ?

I had similar when testing the blanking plugs but not when fitting the ASR CB2.

I found OBD 11 reluctant to clear codes on my car.

In the end I used VCP, because VCDS at that time wouldn’t clear them either.

47b16546d620105f8e548c72bded7880.jpg

9626a498d6dac5129e2669dbda920059.jpg

I struggled to clear codes with VCDS whilst trying individual controllers, but doing a full scan and then clearing all codes from there worked very well :)

The car will arrive in a month, I am very interested in the asr module, is it very noticeable in the sound? And is there any way to mount it so that it does not give any error? I don't know if I would be able to delete them... I have also read that sometimes they send the wrong harness, how can you identify if it is for a left-hand drive or a right-hand drive?

The car will arrive in a month, I am very interested in the asr module, is it very noticeable in the sound? And is there any way to mount it so that it does not give any error? I don't know if I would be able to delete them... I have also read that sometimes they send the wrong harness, how can you identify if it is for a left-hand drive or a right-hand drive?
Yeah it's noticeable as you can open the valves from 0rpm rather than the 4k from factory. I fitted it without errors. I popped the bonnet and left the door open 20 minutes before I started seemed to work.

Easy.

Ignition off and leave car for 15/20 mins until the systems shut down.
Make sure the passenger door (if Uk) is left open.

If ordered without SSA, what happens? When you put the dynamic or performance mode, the valves open automatically anyway, right?

If ordered without SSA, what happens? When you put the dynamic or performance mode, the valves open automatically anyway, right?

Yes. SSA is stop start remembering last state.

So individual / performance mode = valves open

You can toggle them open / shut by 2 presses of ESC button or using cruise stalk twice.

Yes. SSA is stop start remembering last state.

So individual / performance mode = valves open

You can toggle them open / shut by 2 presses of ESC button or using cruise stalk twice.

And to put the SSA is it simple like the rest of the connections or do you have to take it to a different place? So if I turn off the car in dynamic, when starting it continues in dynamic but the valves won't open if I don't do it with the lever twice? I still don't have the car and I don't know if stopping it saves the driving mode, if it doesn't save it and you have to take it to dinamic or performance, they would open without the need for SSS, right?