ASR exhaust valve controller

I also came from a facelift 8V (with PCW exhaust mod), so the new car's quietness was quite shocking. It isn't quite cold start loudness but it is a welcome and worthwhile upgrade, you get the occasional burble to come through at low speed at least.
I also came from a facelift 8V (with PCW exhaust mod), so the new car's quietness was quite shocking. It isn't quite cold start loudness but it is a welcome and worthwhile upgrade, you get the occasional burble to come through at low speed at least.
Yeh I also had the PCW exhaust mod on the 8V! Have you been over to see him with the 8Y yet? I’d definitely recommend it if you haven’t been already, i get a few of the 8V gunshots on the hot starts now and burbles at the lower speeds but I’d imagine the burbles will sound more pronounced once iv got valve controller installed.

Reactions: WilsonRS
Yeh I also had the PCW exhaust mod on the 8V! Have you been over to see him with the 8Y yet? I’d definitely recommend it if you haven’t been already, i get a few of the 8V gunshots on the hot starts now and burbles at the lower speeds but I’d imagine the burbles will sound more pronounced once iv got valve controller installed.

I haven't actually - can you still use the valves? I know they still work physically, but I am sure somebody on here had it done for the 8Y and it essentially made the valves irrelevant. Put me off slightly.

I haven't actually - can you still use the valves? I know they still work physically, but I am sure somebody on here had it done for the 8Y and it essentially made the valves irrelevant. Put me off slightly.
Yeh still have full use of the valves just like when it was standard. I think he has two different methods of doing it, one where the valves become redundant for maximum noise and then the one that he did mine. He recommends the way he did mine though and once the ECU is unlocked I will go stage 2 again and de-cat the car so I definitely want use of the valves still.

Reactions: WilsonRS
Yeh still have full use of the valves just like when it was standard. I think he has two different methods of doing it, one where the valves become redundant for maximum noise and then the one that he did mine. He recommends the way he did mine though and once the ECU is unlocked I will go stage 2 again and de-cat the car so I definitely want use of the valves still.
Ecu is unlocked. MCR.. £2200 tho with stage 1 tune. Stage 2 still in development.

Reactions: Wrighty993
If anyone is in the market for a used but in perfectly good condition ASR module then I'm selling one...

If anyone is in the market for a used but in perfectly good condition ASR module then I'm selling one...

Why are you selling it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only because the car is going. Otherwise I definitely wouldn’t have been getting rid of it.

****** hell, thought it was a ‘keeper’

Reactions: Daggerit
****** hell, thought it was a ‘keeper’

Honestly I wanted to but my office has been moved so I’m doing 50 mile round trips each day which meant it cost me about £10-12 in fuel just to get there each day. And it would’ve destroyed my PCP mileage so it just made sense just now to get rid of it for something better suited.

I still have my name with my local dealer for an early shout if there’s a Performance facelift version coming out though, I’d happily buy one again if i can have it alongside something for commuting.

Reactions: RS03??? and Frankel
Honestly I wanted to but my office has been moved so I’m doing 50 mile round trips each day which meant it cost me about £10-12 in fuel just to get there each day. And it would’ve destroyed my PCP mileage so it just made sense just now to get rid of it for something better suited.

I still have my name with my local dealer for an early shout if there’s a Performance facelift version coming out though, I’d happily buy one again if i can have it alongside something for commuting.

Quite a drop in used prices this time of the year, a lot moving them on also won’t help as the market is now saturated with 8Y’s.
A situation that will continue into the new year, when the FL is announced in March / April time.

You say you’d have one again, hmmm, along side something to use for commuting, why not buy a cheap diesel to commute and keep what you have……

Reactions: Frankel and Daggerit
Quite a drop in used prices this time of the year, a lot moving them on also won’t help as the market is now saturated with 8Y’s.
A situation that will continue into the new year, when the FL is announced in March / April time.

You say you’d have one again, hmmm, along side something to use for commuting, why not buy a cheap diesel to commute and keep what you have……

I actually did that but even then I’m only just better off with tax, insurance, repairs, etc. I’ll be back, just not sure when yet.

Reactions: RS03??? and Frankel

FL not triggered then Performance FL - thats a thought!

Is this one ok if all I want is for the valves to be permanently open?

Is this one ok if all I want is for the valves to be permanently open?

Yes, but you’ll find that shifting between modes will potentially shut them again. You’ll get used to what it does and it’s easy to open valves again.

You could save yourself £50 on this one and buy the one I’m selling if you want. It’s a little different than this one in that it doesn’t use a remote fob, instead it uses a double press from either the TC button or double pull on the cruise stalk.

I know this is the RS3 thread, but has anyone any experience of this ASR controller on a facelift S3 (8V)?

Does it make much if any difference noise wise?

The stop / start memory function would also be a bonus.

I know this is the RS3 thread, but has anyone any experience of this ASR controller on a facelift S3 (8V)?

Does it make much if any difference noise wise?

The stop / start memory function would also be a bonus.
The controller just allows you to control the flap manually, instead of the ECU. The noise will be the same as if you were in Dynamic mode when flaps are fully open. (on the RS3, when its in reverse, noticed the flaps are open) so may be the same on S3.

Reactions: Neo17