What Polisher Do You Use?

Nanashi

Reaction score
While it's possible I missed it, I didn't notice a thread dedicated to what polisher(s) are used, so I figured I would toss one out there and see what comes of it.

Plenty of threads on what pads and products are used, so let's try to focus on just the machine itself. That being said, I currently use a Cyclo for the majority of my polishing. I love it because I can use it for paint correction, as well as carpet & upholstery cleaning, leather cleaning, and it even gets some use in and/or around the home.

Reactions: pelhamsdetailing and NHN
Well you learn something new everyday, polisher with attachments to clean the carpet, thats a new one on me.

Reactions: SiPie and Jassyo06
While it's possible I missed it, I didn't notice a thread dedicated to what polisher(s) are used, so I figured I would toss one out there and see what comes of it.

Plenty of threads on what pads and products are used, so let's try to focus on just the machine itself. That being said, I currently use a Cyclo for the majority of my polishing. I love it because I can use it for paint correction, as well as carpet & upholstery cleaning, leather cleaning, and it even gets some use in and/or around the home.
I use the flex lfe 7-15-125 lfe and the lfe 7-12-80 dual action polisher and both are excellent

Reactions: 8YARWY
Well you learn something new everyday, polisher with attachments to clean the carpet, thats a new one on me.

Likewise! That's one of the best combinations of two tools i've ever heard about. Mental note made.

I've managed well with the halfords dual action polisher, as it has been reliable and friendly to use. With a user-variable RPM, it can certainly spin quick, and is mains powered - no running out of charge here unless the electric bills are overdue. I was told it was made by Meguiar's but as a lower spec than their own, which isn't an uncommon thing for halfords to do. The pads and polishes do the rest of the real work, but it has enabled me to do what I do more than sufficiently.

For general polishing I'm still using my DAS-6 Pro I got around 5 years back now. It's a great little workhorse and really good value for money. Would love to upgrade to a Rupes Big Foot but until the DAS-6 gives up I just can't justify it :laugh: For the smaller jobs, I use my Rupes Ibrid Nano.

For general polishing I'm still using my DAS-6 Pro I got around 5 years back now. It's a great little workhorse and really good value for money. Would love to upgrade to a Rupes Big Foot but until the DAS-6 gives up I just can't justify it :laugh: For the smaller jobs, I use my Rupes Ibrid Nano.
I'm a RUPES fan too - I would love to pickup a BigFoot for the heavier paint correction, an iBrid for those tight spots, then call on the Cyclo (Owned by RUPES for a few years now) to finesse it to perfection :drool:

I've recently got the Auto Finesse MPX to replace a cheap Argos DA I had which would vibrate too much for long sessions it wasn't comfortable to use. The Auto Finesse is a great little DA and comes with 5" and 3" backing plates so great for large and smaller panel sections. I'm also tempted to get the Hex Nano from Carbon Collective for those tighter spots.

I don't tend to polish cars that often but when I do I use a Sealey ER1700P. I also have the Sealey 12v cordless polisher I use fairly regularly on the bikes, much better for smaller areas.

I'm using the Ryobi DA polisher, works brilliantly with a 5amp battery, not to heavy or noisy, with little vibration. Only negative I can think is that I'd imagine it would eat the 2amp batteries up very quickly