Abs pump coding vagcom?

mephisto

Reaction score
Had an issue with my abs pump bought 2nd hand one same part no different revision at end.
Fitted it soon as I drive up road over say 15mph abs light comes on.
I checked code says 01276 signal outside tolerance.
Chatted with supplier who mentioned it needs coding to work? Anyone help here please ?

Had an issue with my abs pump bought 2nd hand one same part no different revision at end.
Chatted with supplier who mentioned it needs coding to work? Anyone help here please ?
Shouldn't need coding apart from 15mph anti hijack alarm flash ammount one door two door unlock etc was your original circuit board o.k if yes transplant that over to the new one any further assistance needed just hit me up my friend.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mephisto
Please excuse me miss read the post i sent info for central locking

you will need code from the original module to recode!
Alternatively I have a man on ebay who repairs the existing module reasonably priced. If that was your issue.

Last edited:
you will need code from the original module to recode!
Alternatively I have a man on ebay who repairs the existing module reasonably priced. If that was your issue.

OK this is a fking pain in the **** honeslty im sick to the back teeth of this c un ting car!!!

I used to love S3's my black and red ones have been perfect ive had two blue ones now and they've both been attention whore *******.

Ive fixed so much on this car i dont like to be beaten.

Is there a vagcom coder in my area who can just recode it for me anyone out there?

I now also have the spongiest brakes in the world despite bleeding them after fitting ABS pump. Any tips here also appreciated before i drive this car off the nearest big hill.

OK this is a fking pain in the **** honeslty im sick to the back teeth of this c un ting car!!!

I used to love S3's my black and red ones have been perfect ive had two blue ones now and they've both been attention whore *******.

Ive fixed so much on this car i dont like to be beaten.

Is there a vagcom coder in my area who can just recode it for me anyone out there?

I now also have the spongiest brakes in the world despite bleeding them after fitting ABS pump. Any tips here also appreciated before i drive this car off the nearest big hill.
Presumably you did not cycle / bleed the abs pump via vcds?

OK just to add here ive read there are bleed nipples on the master cylinder also, im going to try them today too. That's if i haven't set fire to the car in the meantime.

"i have experienced the past few times that even though you have fluid flowing from you bleeding nipples when you bleed the calipers that the pedal will still be soft and spungy and only after bleeding the two nipples on the master cylinder you will then have a firm pedal afterwards."

Despite me spending time hating this car last night and i have to get to work shortly and it's raining outside i feel compelled to find this on the master cylinder now and bleed it. What's up with me.

Reactions: MPH
OK just to add here ive read there are bleed nipples on the master cylinder also, im going to try them today too. That's if i haven't set fire to the car in the meantime.

"i have experienced the past few times that even though you have fluid flowing from you bleeding nipples when you bleed the calipers that the pedal will still be soft and spungy and only after bleeding the two nipples on the master cylinder you will then have a firm pedal afterwards."

Despite me spending time hating this car last night and i have to get to work shortly and it's raining outside i feel compelled to find this on the master cylinder now and bleed it. What's up with me.
Clutch also has a bleed nipple

Ok well just a few pumps on the first master cylinder bleed nipple and hey presto. I removed the intake pipe for easier access. Pic attached.

Reactions: MPH
Ok im really at wits end here.

I sent off my pump that had below

Had it repaired and sent back. Fitted it and same error below. Ive replaced all 3 green fuses under bonnet cleaned all connectors. Anyone suggest anything?

Sunday,28,August,2022,17:23:11:00006
VCDS Version: Release 18.2.0 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64
www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8N0-907-379-MK20.LBL
Control Module Part Number: 8N0 907 379 C
Component and/or Version: ABS/EDS 20 IE CAN V003
Software Coding: 13504
Work Shop Code: WSC 06435
VCID: 3C7782F22C6BA1A404-4A9C
1 Fault Found:

01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64)
16-00 - Signal Outside Specifications

Had it repaired and sent back. Fitted it and same error below. Ive replaced all 3 green fuses under bonnet cleaned all connectors. Anyone suggest anything?

www.Ross-Tech.com

1 Fault Found:

Who repaired you pump was it your original one?

www.Ross-Tech.com

1 Fault Found:

The error is clearly electrical so, its either the wiring or there is something wrong with the abs pump pcb

The error is clearly electrical so, its either the wiring or there is something wrong with the abs pump pcb
Thanks an update. I was asked to check the 4 pins on the abs pump connector with a bulb. The two pairs worked fine with a low current bulb. However, the company who repaired my pump said no test them with a H4 bulb. I did and only one pair worked. The other pair wouldn't power the bulb!
I could do with a wiring diagram if someone can help here.. image attached showing the pair of connectors which don't work. I have stuck my probe between them to illustrate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-142332_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903-142332_Messenger.jpg
    951.9 KB · Views: 669
Ok just to update this thread i fixed my issue in the end! I will start with the fix first. It was a bad connection in the rear connector behind the battery which takes i think about 3 feeds from the battery away to the likes of the electronic water pump and other internals, included there was the feed to the ABS pump. I wiggled this connector and suddenly the bulb checking my 12v feed to the ABS connector lit up. And the pump works fine now.
So to summarise.

Symptom:
ABS light comes on over about 10mph when driving
Fault code indiciates ABS Pump failure

Cause:
None or little supply to the ABS pump via the main 12v supplies (x2) on the connector.

Resolution:
Check connector sitting on the main fuse board off the battery for corrosion, remove and clean connections.

Reactions: MPH and hydro s3