Insurance!!

zaka7

Reaction score
Jesus!!!!

Just went on using the previously sound advice of being 20-23 days away from renewal. My cost last year was around £400 with mods declared. This year I cannot find cheaper than £750 anywhere! Nothing has changed, I live in the same place, no claims, I was expecting a small increase with the new rules that have come into force, but 90% is definitely excessive!! I'm guessing it might be S3 related, maybe a number of thefts recently or something and insurers are upping the costs for them...

Just wondering if anyone else with a renewal due around now has had similar?

Mines was same £450 last year moved to different postcode it went to £750 did comparrison same insurance company found it cheaper £483 ? But I phoned them up they looked at it and I got the cheaper quote happy days.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

One of the few joys of being 53.
RS4 was £420 now down to £180 for the A4 allroad

Last year a visiting Audi assistance tech was saying that the S3 was one of the most commonly stolen cars of the moment. Most stolen then put on the back of covered lorries to avoid triggering number plate recognition cameras, driven to other bits of the country and quickly used in organised crimes. He was saying the scale of the operation was huge.

Last year a visiting Audi assistance tech was saying that the S3 was one of the most commonly stolen cars of the moment. Most stolen then put on the back of covered lorries to avoid triggering number plate recognition cameras, driven to other bits of the country and quickly used in organised crimes. He was saying the scale of the operation was huge.
Meant to add that he said they were the chosen car as they didn’t look out of place parked outside big houses in posh neighbourhoods whilst the scum were inside ransacking the house. Said they fitted in perfectly.

Mines was same £450 last year moved to different postcode it went to £750 did comparrison same insurance company found it cheaper £483 ? But I phoned them up they looked at it and I got the cheaper quote happy days.

Yeah my post code and nothing has changed at all, just another year on. Comparison sites all showing similar currently, and not even been offered a renewal yet...

Yeah that's been my worry to be honest, but when I got the car the insurance was reasonable, I don't see a 95% increase in a year as justified for any reason to be honest.

My RS3 with 6 points was half that cost!!

Yeah my post code and nothing has changed at all, just another year on. Comparison sites all showing similar currently, and not even been offered a renewal yet...
Have called them and had a conversation? It helps

Reactions: zaka7
Same quote today is down to £600, they just make it up as they go along. If I remove the remap it drops to £300, but mods are currently all declared and last year it was £400. Just a license to print money.

Same quote today is down to £600, they just make it up as they go along. If I remove the remap it drops to £300, but mods are currently all declared and last year it was £400. Just a license to print money.
My mates went up this year and when he questioned it they said 2020 was a quiet year for claims because of covid and lockdowns, so not many claims were made, hence his 2021 price was low! BUT this year was higher as there were more claims in 2021 as things started to open again!

Lets face it, they are just putting up the prices because everyone else is, even though there is probably very little evidence to support any reasoning within the insurance company to do so. It's not like they are airlifting sheets of aluminium or anything.

Prices probably being ramped up as the whole motor insurance industry knows it faces extinction when autonomous cars finally clear the last few legal hurdles

Prices probably being ramped up as the whole motor insurance industry knows it faces extinction when autonomous cars finally clear the last few legal hurdles

Unlikely i’d say. There will always need to be insurance as they will probably begin to insure the brand of the car, not the driver, for failures of onboard systems that cause a crash etc.

Jesus!!!!

Just went on using the previously sound advice of being 20-23 days away from renewal. My cost last year was around £400 with mods declared. This year I cannot find cheaper than £750 anywhere! Nothing has changed, I live in the same place, no claims, I was expecting a small increase with the new rules that have come into force, but 90% is definitely excessive!! I'm guessing it might be S3 related, maybe a number of thefts recently or something and insurers are upping the costs for them...

Just wondering if anyone else with a renewal due around now has had similar?
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish. We have a number of exclusive insurance schemes that are only available in our call centre and not on the price comparison sites.
Regards,
Dan.

I’d guess the reasons are:

* ‘Brand New Customers only’ deals now banned
* Drop in the standard of driving as so many people seem to have forgotten how to drive defensively since lockdowns ended, and fewer Police to catch poor driving behaviour
* increase in number of uninsured drivers & crashes
* increased cost of repair due to car and chip shortages

I’d guess the reasons are:

* ‘Brand New Customers only’ deals now banned
* Drop in the standard of driving as so many people seem to have forgotten how to drive defensively since lockdowns ended, and fewer Police to catch poor driving behaviour
* increase in number of uninsured drivers & crashes
* increased cost of repair due to car and chip shortages
The brand new customers deal is definitely a factor. But 95% increase, no chance.

As it transpires, I spent Friday trying to get deals, couldn't get lower than £700 anywhere. Then I tried site sponsors here too, same ball park annoyingly.

I then decided to remove my remap and see what happened, boom price tanked to £300!! Now my price last year HAS the remap declared, so I was confused, I called my current provider who generated my renewal whilst on the phone and my revised price including the remap was £1 cheaper than last year. Absolutely no idea what was going on with all the other companies, but I snapped their hand off! To credit Adrian Flux, they did then text me today and have got it down to £415, But i've taken the £399 with my existing provider already.

Wish this was more heavily regulated this industry they literally make up prices as they go! Years ago I was messing around at my renewal, and I couldn't get a decent quote whilst renewal was being generated. I changed my name. Nothing else but my name and all of a sudden cheap prices appeared. It's scandalous.

The brand new customers deal is definitely a factor. But 95% increase, no chance.

As it transpires, I spent Friday trying to get deals, couldn't get lower than £700 anywhere. Then I tried site sponsors here too, same ball park annoyingly.

I then decided to remove my remap and see what happened, boom price tanked to £300!! Now my price last year HAS the remap declared, so I was confused, I called my current provider who generated my renewal whilst on the phone and my revised price including the remap was £1 cheaper than last year. Absolutely no idea what was going on with all the other companies, but I snapped their hand off! To credit Adrian Flux, they did then text me today and have got it down to £415, But i've taken the £399 with my existing provider already.

Wish this was more heavily regulated this industry they literally make up prices as they go! Years ago I was messing around at my renewal, and I couldn't get a decent quote whilst renewal was being generated. I changed my name. Nothing else but my name and all of a sudden cheap prices appeared. It's scandalous.

Think yourself lucky you don't live in London, I pay more than that on a diesel A3 and I'm old with no points or claims in my 21 years of driving and with a history of insuring 500bhp Imprezas :)

Reactions: zaka7