RS3 8P conversion - will I need to upgrade to 19" ?

soulwaffle

Reaction score
Hi All,
Thinking of picking up an entire front end (bumper/bonnet/wings) from an rs3. If I do this conversion, will I need to swap from 18" to 19" ? More so because the rs3 wings are flared/larger size?

Don’t think so. Think the rs3 was still 18” wheels but with a different offset.

Reactions: soulwaffle
Will I need the rs3 headlights to fit the front bumper? Or can I do the conversion with my existing headlights (S-line 2010 plate a3)

The front arches are wider so you would need some beefy spacers. There was a company making RS3 style arches in fibreglass and/or carbon a while back that fit the S3.

If yours isn’t a Quattro then you will need the rear suspension/subframe/ diffs etc for the quattto gubbins.
fwd a3s have a solid rear axle and Quattro cars have independent rear suspension.

If yours isn’t a Quattro then you will need the rear suspension/subframe/ diffs etc for the quattto gubbins.
fwd a3s have a solid rear axle and Quattro cars have independent rear suspension.
Hmm, I've got b12 sportline on the rear. Why would I need the subframe/diffs? Is this for the 'complete rs3 look' ? I guess I'm only going as far as the bumper/diffuser/spoiler for the rear. Wont be using rs3 badges etc.

Hmm, I've got b12 sportline on the rear. Why would I need the subframe/diffs? Is this for the 'complete rs3 look' ? I guess I'm only going as far as the bumper/diffuser/spoiler for the rear. Wont be using rs3 badges etc.
My bad I thought you going for full engine conversion as well.

• Haha
May as well buy an rs3 then :) Mine is a 140hp, heavily modded. I think it's running 250ish (need to have dyno'd).

Question, do I need the wheel arch liners from the rs3 8p?

Most of these threads start out well-intended but in the end the build misses the mark. I dont know what your car looks like now so a pic would be helpful. If you want to put an RS3 front end on and not have side skirts or just an A3 rear it will look unfinished. TBH, to make it look right, you will need side skirts, rear bumper, door blades, yes 19 inch wheels preferably rotors at the minimum. I wish you a financial windfall as your endeavor is not cheap but well worth it. The beginning is financially painful but in the end totally worthwhile if the build is done right. The arch liners are different as the fenders are wider. Just my 0.02

No worries on the financial side of things. I'm merely doing this as my first project car. I've purchased all of the above bar the side skirts. The car being broken comes with maxton side skirts, but in poor condition. Dont fancy going to 19" rotors as I've just purchased some oz racing wheels.

I'll pick up the arch liners. Travelling up from Kent to Wigan parts in Manchester to collect.

Reactions: tcardio
You don't need 19" alloys, as you can get away with fitting 17" to clear the calipers. It's the wheel width that's the issue as the RS3 has wider arches, so you would need to add spacers.