2010 s3 door locking issue

Paul Keenan

Reaction score
Hi guys looking to see if anyone can help out. I have a 2010 S3 8P sportback and my n/s/r door has started playing up, door doesn't lock/unlock through the central looking and the window doesn't work either.
I have had an auto spark look at it he has said that there is no power coming back out the control module running to the door lock, once he plugged the window switch back in the window started working but again lock doesn't work. we pulled the panel off the o/s/r door just to double check the signal coming out the control module and all is fine there.
we have checked the wiring looms going into the doors in the rubber sleeves and all is good at that side, question is, is there anyone local to Glasgow area who could confirm this through VCDS and even store the program and I can change out the control module if I get a new one then reprogram the new module

Thanks Paul

Modules don't need coding.
Can you open the door from the inside? and if so, afterwards does it work from the outside?

Modules don't need coding.
Can you open the door from the inside? and if so, afterwards does it work from the outside?
Yeah the door opens from the inside as the actual wire mechanism going to the door lock is fine, I just can't lock or unlocked that door through the central locking on the key fob or at the driverside locking switch, the door will lock if I turn the little yellow part (locking it manually)

Ok the bcm module, if faulty, will need coding but the door locks don't.
I think the locks broke. I never replaced mine just drilled a tiny hole at the uppermost part, and filled it with wd40, been fine years later. It's a free to try option

With vcds they copy the coding, before removal, and simply paste it into the new module

I think the locks broke. I never replaced mine just drilled a tiny hole at the uppermost part, and filled it with wd40, been fine years later. It's a free to try option

With vcds they copy the coding, before removal, and simply paste it into the new module
I don't think it's the lock itself as there is no signal coming out the module to power the lock

Just to give u an update ,i checked lads modules with VCds and the module is not responding as vcds can't commuicate with it .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

My Bluetooth box went the same way :( just replace it.