TTS 8j brake upgrade or not?

Julian smith

Reaction score
Hi guys it's as the the title says really.......
Should I or shouldn't I go for the TTS 340mm front brake upgrade on my a3 8pa 2.0 tfsi quattro s line, running turbo back with milltek sports cat, forged bottom end with integrated engineering drop in rods, OEM all alloy S3 fmic, S3 head cams ect, pipercross panel filter, Amd tuning stage 2 map. Dyno'd at 270bhp with 319ft lbs of torque.
Was planning on ko4 but probably going to to stop at stage 2 plus now due to funds being tight.
Just ordered the bilstein b12 kit also, so braking is next.
Does anyone know the total weight of the TTS 8J caliper carier disc and pads setup please?
for two reasons really first being I've got some available at such a great price, but need to know the weight firstly for the postage and secondly is how much more unsprung weight is this compared to stock 312mm setup?
I'm pretty sure the b12 kit will save a few lbs from the OEM setup.
finally asthetics does play a part as those 18s do look a bit empty running the 312mm rotors.

Cheers guys

Reactions: bronco
Waste of money. Just upgrade your discs and pads, perhaps fit braided lines.

Reactions: Julian smith
Waste of money. Just upgrade your discs and pads, perhaps fit braided

Waste of money. Just upgrade your discs and pads, perhaps fit braided lines.
So the larger disc doesn't help at all then mate? I've a chance to get the whole kit for only £200 minus pads.
If I where to just upgrade the OEM discs pads and lines, does changing the disc make that much difference surely it's the pads that make the difference? Thanks for your input mate