I've become a convert, in a nice way.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So having a random browse across the used B7 platforms again today and this lovely droptop was picked up on my radar , i really like it with the the contrast .
I'm thinking about this more and maybe going to the next step, well i've asked the question re if still for sale but no reply thus far.

Reactions: NM07
Looks great Rob, does it have the red leather interior to match the roof? Any more pics :smiley:
Would the bus be staying if you picked this up?

Also well worth checking if the timing chains and tensioners have been done. The 2.0 TFSI chain and tensioner is a dream in comparison to the nightmare on the 4.2 FSI, which is an engine out job :blink:

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a good video I saw the other day which will help identify if its a good 4.2 FSI or not

Reactions: tr7
Looks great Rob, does it have the red leather interior to match the roof? Any more pics :smiley:
Would the bus be staying if you picked this up?
Red interior indeedy.

The old bus is here to stay ,
I've done a deal with some more duke racing bits i had tucked away so seemed more beneficial to have something more useable than a box of bits.

• Love
Reactions: Garrett 69 and NM07
Also well worth checking if the timing chains and tensioners have been done. The 2.0 TFSI chain and tensioner is a dream in comparison to the nightmare on the 4.2 FSI, which is an engine out job :blink:

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a good video I saw the other day which will help identify if its a good 4.2 FSI or not

yes it is a pain in the buttocks on the V8 and I wouldn't even look at parting with any cash for an V8 B7 unless I was 100% on the whole engine condition etc to be honest.

I suspect it has long been sold though but I'll see if I get a reply.

So having a random browse across the used B7 platforms again today and this lovely droptop was picked up on my radar , i really like it with the the contrast .
I'm thinking about this more and maybe going to the next step, well i've asked the question re if still for sale but no reply thus far.

View attachment 253214
Sorry, but prefer the Avant.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
it was'nt to replace the Avant Richard, that is not on the cards, just a better use of a box of bits sitting idle in the garage.

If it's gone, just gather enough more bits to build a second bike :smilingimp:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I'd still love an RS4 but funds just don't permit it, the s4 cab was just something that I saw randomly and seemed a good way to use some bike bits cash rather than give it to energy companies and all other bill grabbing establishments.
It's out of my viewing range now anyway so i'll keep the cash for something else worthwhile.

If it's gone, just gather enough more bits to build a second bike :smilingimp:
The chances of getting enough genuine factory ducati 916/996 racing parts to rebuild a complete bike now would be a challenge to say the least.
I have about a third left, so I'd need a fair few bits now, but I do have a factory engine and other bits still left for a rainy day.
Wide track Ohlins are allmost impossible to source now.

Reactions: Garrett 69
If my knees were more flexible i'd jump at another bike but they are getting worse these days.
I saw a stonking Honda SP1 last week, mint showroom example parked outside my local newsagents, it was lovely.

I'm still liking this s4 though, not everyone's cuppa I know ,but there is just something about it. :icon thumright:

Just a shame it's in Edinburgh.

Reactions: NM07
Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as you like it and it makes you happy :yes:

If my knees were more flexible i'd jump at another bike but they are getting worse these days.
I saw a stonking Honda SP1 last week, mint showroom example parked outside my local newsagents, it was lovely.
How about a nice Pan European? You can pick up a decent one for good money still. Bullet proof V4 and ****** comfortable long distance.

If it's in Scotland steer clear, bought a 08 plate xc70 for the Mrs from up there and it turned out to have a bigger rust problem than the Titanic!