Facelift Front parking sensors going haywire in slow traffic/leaving driveway

Strawberry

Reaction score
Bizarre one, I recently had front parking sensors retrofitted to my 2019 A3 8V (RHD) and everything worked ok for a while, but recently the front parking sensor(s) have been engaging randomly in stop/start traffic or just going slow down a residential road. I cannot slow down anywhere without them beeping like crazy and thinking something is moving to and from my car (the left and right one seem to be engaging more often than the central ones).

Things I've tried to fix:
  • Cleaning thoroughly and attempting to dry out any water ingress.
  • Checking positions are correct (no sensors had moved, nothing rotated, everything looks as it should be)
What's more bizarre is if the car is stationary and I hit the parking sensor switch on my dashboard and move my hand to & away from the sensors while on my driveway, everything seems fine! The white lines seem like they are at the correct position throughout all 4 sensors. Only issue shows up while car is in motion.

VAG scan shows no fault codes, so any idea what it could be? Should I try a new module? Try replacing each sensor one-by-one? (please tell me I don't have to do this lol)
Any help much appreciated!

So you say you've cleaned out any water ingress, but if it is indeed not sealed still, as the connectors should be rubber plugged or sealant in the hole, it will continue, also if its been water affected & not sealed, its possibly got corrosion to the connectors that have to be cleaned properly by removing each pin & dremel wire brush them clean.

So you say you've cleaned out any water ingress, but if it is indeed not sealed still, as the connectors should be rubber plugged or sealant in the hole, it will continue, also if its been water affected & not sealed, its possibly got corrosion to the connectors that have to be cleaned properly by removing each pin & dremel wire brush them clean.
Cheers, appreciate the reply. I've ordered 2 new sensors for the sides to see if replacing them fixes the issue, will give the connections a good run through with the same spray stuff I use to clean molex connectors, will give them a wire brushing too.

Rubber seals all look visually ok, guess I won't know for certain until I have the bumper off and sensors out.