Approved Used Warranty

DyslexicDog

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the approved used warranty has shrunk to 12 months, from the previoud 24 months offered before?

When I purchased in 2020, I got 24 months. The VW I purchased in 2021 was 24 months too and VW still offer 24 months but Audi have moved to 12.

:)

And yet the likes of Kia are still offering 5 and 7 years......

Reactions: spartacus 68
I think they do deals, when I purchased 2 years ago I got 2 years, when I bought last year I got 1 year.

I think they do deals, when I purchased 2 years ago I got 2 years, when I bought last year I got 1 year.
I'm sure it was a standard offer for approved used.
Must have been a 2021 change as wife’s Q2 was bought July 2021 and 1 year warranty
This is dissapointing.

One of the selling points of going to the dealer of VAG cars was the awesome deal you recieved on used cars - 2 years breakdown, warranty, servicing, MOT cover. For me personally it was certainly a factor in my purchase. In addition to the fact I like VAG cars.

Clearly Audi believe, and maybe have the evidence to suggest, shoppers still buy the cars with only 12 months. I wonder if this will leak to the groups other car brands..?

Audi offer standard 12 months but you have the option of taking out what is effectively an insurance package for a futher year. Its all added extras. I'll bet if you take the car with their finance you can squeeze in another year.

If it helps - I just bought an S4 Avant (Approved used) and - as a new Audi customer - I didn't know that the warranty had ever been more than 12 months, so I just accepted it.
I paid the extra £399 to add a second year, too, because I'm afraid of big bills on these cars - and just because this is the most expensive car purchase I've ever made (but a huge margin).