Sport or S line

KeeefyB

KeeefyB
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m really sorry if this has been asked a million times, but, I can’t find a trim level description anywhere.

I’m looking at 2014 Audi A3 sport.

I’ve currently got a Audi A4 Avant S line.

What kind of trim level is sport? Is there much difference between sport and S line?

Is it just a fancy name for a base model? Or is it a better trim level?

Like I say, I’m sorry if this has been asked but I just can’t seem to find a full answer.

Thank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked myself the same question when ordering back in late 2018. I eventually went Sport as it gave me full real/man made leather and a "normal" ride height. The S Line looked like it had a bit more bling on it and a couple of bits of tech I would not use.

Colin

A web search for Audi A3 brochure, with the year of interest, will give you the official brochure with the full details.

Reactions: Potterswheel
That’s awesome, Parker’s didn’t even pop into my head and it definitely didn’t pop up on google… thank you!

A web search for Audi A3 brochure, with the year of interest, will give you the official brochure with the full details.

That’s the one. I’ve tried that and it’s exactly what I’m after. Thank you

S-Line has stiffer suspension, bigger alloys, more toys as standard and more aggressive bodywork.

The brochures have errors but PM me your email address and I’ll send you a 2014 brochure - there were several so let me know whether early 2014 or late 2014. The Model year changed In May builds for early July delivery (again a generalisation).

In 2014, it went SE -> Sport -> S-Line

Buy a Sport if you just want the car, buy an S-Line if you want a better looking more modern version of that car.

Reactions: JohnM100 and Neil C
Hi,

I’m really sorry if this has been asked a million times, but, I can’t find a trim level description anywhere.

What kind of trim level is sport? Is there much difference between sport and S line?

Like I say, I’m sorry if this has been asked but I just can’t seem to find a full answer.

Thank

Like others have mentioned, Sport sits a bit higher than S-Line, comes with 17” alloys and the suspension is a tad floaty compared to S-Line. And Sline looks a bit sportier.

Having said that, I bought Mrs a Sports 2014 with all the options ticked and then got her 18 (from an RS3) and Eibach Prokit making the car sit really nicely.

Hi,

Thank

I used to own a 2013 A3 sport, main differences compared to S-Line were
17" wheels v 18" wheels
full cloth seats v half leather
no side skirts v side skirts
round steering wheel v flat bottomed wheel

Base model is the SE, compared to the sport:-
soft, high suspension
poor, uncomfortable seats (drove one 200 miles in a day and my backside told me this after 20 miles)
more basic steering wheel (non leather IIRC)

Sport spec ok, SE not worth the saving in comparison, consider the Sport or above.

Yes. It's very confusing branding by Audi to trick people into buying overstated cars

Sport - not really sporty at all just marketing tripe.
S line = wanna be S model without being an S model
S = a more like a genuine sports car

Reactions: ccs3