Painting stock wheels black

Reaction score
Just contemplating on getting the stock Speedline wheels which come with the S3 paint black.

Is anyone running these wheels in black? Been trying to find some images online but doesn't seem like anyone is painting them black just keeping them stock silver.

As a note the wheels I'm on about are these(random image from google):

Same for me, not a fan of black wheels at all. These are one the best alloys for 8V. I wish I had these... Keep them as they are.

Just contemplating on getting the stock Speedline wheels which come with the S3 paint black.

Is anyone running these wheels in black? Been trying to find some images online but doesn't seem like anyone is painting them black just keeping them stock silver.

View attachment 253475
I quite like these wheels as they are, had similar ones in my a6. The diamond cut contrasts with silver/grey very well so try something similar like a gun metal/anthracite finish with the diamond cut face if you are looking to refurb the wheels.

View attachment 253475

what is the name of these rims?

I have these wheels and they ideally need a refurb after 5 years and a bit of kerbing.

Same as OP and don’t know whether to keep OEM colour and Diamond cut but have a gloss finish or stick with Matt finish

I have a back car so might just have them sprayed silver and to hell with diamond cutting. However they might look like A1 wheels as they come with something similar

Really undecided. Might only keep the car another 18months and I have been looking around for a replacement but one thing that puts me off another car is non OEM finished wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black doesn't work with the wheels, however a darker grey does..I don't know if you agree, but my wheels look nicer when they are dirty, so when refurb time comes, I am going to go a shade darker and hope for the best