Fastest rs3 2022 8y in country draggy times???

Rsthrizzle

Reaction score
Hi guys wanted to know if anyones beaten my times rs3 8y with a full eventuri intake and elbow
IMG 2529

IMG 2528

IMG 2527

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: RS03??? and HulkRS3
Maybe if I ever get a car arriving I could let you know! Lol

Reactions: IanL-RS3, garethdj and Rsthrizzle
Draggy times are if no interest to most on here mate but like say your car is the fastest RS3 8y on here now but considering only 25/30 have their cars out of 100 or so cars ordered

• Haha
Reactions: Daggerit and Garrett 69
Interesting stuff, this tells me there is an easy sub 3 second 0-60 time from a tuning box, or stage one once available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apache007, Jassyo06, Mike.46 and 3 others
Waving your todger won't impress many here. Most of us are past the teenage testosterone age.
" Waving your todger " Sounds like that Numan advert on the TV ..lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, jimbo255, Garrett 69 and 2 others
Ok grandad keep eating ur cream cakes

Don't dis us oldies chap, you'll be one sooner than you think, and us oldies are not slow by any stretch of the imagination. :yahoo:

It's not allways about the MPH or BHP.

Reactions: Apache007, Jassyo06 and Garrett 69
That is a good 0-60 and decent 1/4 mile time but you can see that a lot of the reason for the good times is coming from the ability of the car to put the power down and get a good launch. A 1.75s 60ft is good on the 1/4 mile and really helps to bring the time down, an 11.4s time despite only hitting 118mph terminal speed.
The 100-200 gear change looks a little slow but I suspect that wasn't part of a launch control run so there was a torque reduction request from the gearbox.
Dragy can be a very useful tool for analysing what's going on and measuring small improvements, I use it as a tool to quantify improvements when making changes to the mapping on my car.

Reactions: Economist, Charlie Farley and kayemill
Not wishing to enter a todger waving battle but I am an ex-BTCC driver matey.
Made my day :tearsofjoy:

To the OP, the following comments are not meant as a dig in the slightest, just my personal opinion.

And to support what you're saying, I do love a good internet forum arms race. 18 years or so ago I was close to a very good modifying battle between two chaps who pushed their cars to the limits, and beyond. It was great for the car model at the time as they were pushing developments all the time meaning there was more available for the masses.

Personally for better debate/forum banter I'd be more interested in who can extract the fastest 0-60 time from a standard car. Modifications have limited bearing on comparison based discussion in my opinion unless it's purely modified V modified.

These day driver skill interests me more than anything else to be honest and traffic light racing isn't really what this car is about IMO. Give me a nice set of curves where 50mph feels scary any day of the week.

Maybe it's time to start eating creme cakes, but for the last 10 years I've lived by the ethos that if my car ain't quick enough I'll buy a faster standard one. Thankfully it'll take time for the RS3 to feel slow.

All IMO and each to their own though, we're here for a good time, not a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3vans, NevMan, Charlie Farley and 6 others
All a bit pointless really in my view, come on chaps, let's not beat about the bush.
An off the shelf RS3 is a serious bit of kit, well any RS3 is for that matter and more than able to hold it's own quite easily on our road given the speed limits, or over them as many will suggest.

So in a road car of this calibre why start faffing around trying to get another 0.5 of the standing start times and another 1 sec of the 60-100 mph, for god sake you will never notice it and if you say you can notice that 0.5 reduction, then you should be in F1 on a race track, with all the speed monitoring kit there is available.

If an owner wants to up the performance for serious gains that will be used on a track where it will be fully utilized then that's different, but on our rubbish road and speed limits, just no point from an automotive standpoint but in the drivers head, well what goes on inside there is just anything.

The forum resident TT speed king @desertstorm is a classic example, a top man with a blisteringly fast car used on a track where driver skill and car performance are optimized.
If you want to mess around with a new rs3, don't , just buy an 8V and do a few bits and it will be just a good, two parts to the equation the "driver" and the "car" , anyone can jump into a fast car and drive it , only a few can jump into the same car and "drive" it "properly" , driver skill and experience is whats it's all about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, jimbo255, abmat and 5 others
I can't understand why people come onto a thread they have nil interest in and start giving their opinion about what to OP should or should not be doing, or why. If your post is not a Dragy time post or does not contribute to the OP's post, go start your own thread.

As others have pointed out, Dragy times can be very useful.

Reactions: garethdj
Dragy times can be very useful in the right environment, public roads are not such a place where trying to get as low as possible standing start in a such a car as the RS3 or any other car for that matter.
leave it all for the track or private roads.
The OP didn't state he was driving his car on a track or on a private location so it can only be assumed he is issing down a road somewhere, and people wonder why Audi drivers are always getting flack for excessive bad driving and flash gits.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Frizzley
Talking about giving audi drivers a bad rap.. this is disgusting driving...

(The E85 bit made me laugh tho... MSB trying to decant every last drop, then watch the next guy :tearsofjoy: )

Reactions: IanL-RS3
Don't dis us oldies chap, you'll be one sooner than you think, and us oldies are not slow by any stretch of the imagination. :yahoo:

Assuming he makes it that far. Judging by this thread so far, I'd wager he'll be wrapped around a tree or lamppost before long.....

This was my best time on a 1/4 mile event we had on Sunday, my friend did 11.26. I’ll ask him to post his time. We are in Colombia where it is very hot and humid. Around 32 C
3FB612E8 1BCC 4DFF B639 D9AD4BA34F80

Is jb4 out yet for the 8y? Or you using the 8v one?,my draggy was 11.19 on racechip

Is jb4 out yet for the 8y? Or you using the 8v one?,my draggy was 11.19 on racechip

I am using the 8V but it doesn’t read rpm, therefore only +2psi. I’ll dona Draggy this weekend.

I am using the 8V but it doesn’t read rpm, therefore only +2psi. I’ll dona Draggy this weekend.

You sure ? Mine reads RPM.

a8f1363e27c5d208978bb16b86907311.jpg

Last edited:
In the process of getting mine booked in with a tuning box company for development. So will be able to post some 0-60s in the coming weeks… won’t be doing any 1/4s in ‘Mexico’ though.

This was my best time on a 1/4 mile event we had on Sunday, my friend did 11.26. I’ll ask him to post his time. We are in Colombia where it is very hot and humid. Around 32 CView attachment 256928
This is impressive, a lot harder to go out and set a time at a recognized strip than a random road with perfect conditions with no wait times to run.

He's closer to 40 than 30, so a bit rich him calling peoples oldies :shrug:

Tried my first few launches. Couldn’t get anywhere near the fastest in the UK
b7b75749f159c70af1e28f929254d53b.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Rsthrizzle, PaulBCN and Deleted member 160894

There's no point trying mate. No one's as fast as the "fastest on here" ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Rsthrizzle, HulkRS3 and garethdj
There's no point trying mate. No one's as fast as the "fastest on here" ;)

Be interested to see what difference it makes on a flat surface with cooler temps. Never got to dragy my 8v stock to benchmark.

To be fair, you were going uphill!! That alone would rob you of a couple of :rocket::rocket:!

Be interested to see what difference it makes on a flat surface with cooler temps. Never got to dragy my 8v stock to benchmark.

Yes I think it would be interesting to see how you'd get on in ideal conditions. You'll have to let us know how you get on :)