Missing cruise control on S3

jojje

Reaction score
I just got myself a new S3. It is manufactured in November 2006, but has only acted as a demo car (no testing, just for show room). One thing that confuses me a bit is that it doesn't have any cruise control, considering it being standard equipment on the S3. The dealer doesn't know why, and talking to the Audi product manager he says it should have.

I got two questions:
1. Has anyone seen any 8P S3's without cruise control, and happen to know how this is even possible?

2. Can it be retro fitted, if I manage to convince the dealer that shipping an S3 without cruise control is a manufacturer error?

jojje said:
I just got myself a new S3. It is manufactured in November 2006, but has only acted as a demo car (no testing, just for show room). One thing that confuses me a bit is that it doesn't have any cruise control, considering it being standard equipment on the S3. The dealer doesn't know why, and talking to the Audi product manager he says it should have.

I got two questions:
1. Has anyone seen any 8P S3's without cruise control, and happen to know how this is even possible?

2. Can it be retro fitted, if I manage to convince the dealer that shipping an S3 without cruise control is a manufacturer error?
I'm pretty sure it isn't standard, it was a £240 option for me, although mine is due in the first week of sept so maybe they have taken cruise control off the standard options since nov 2006.

Sorry matey It is not a standard item and never has been I had to spec it on mine and my car was build week 1 2007.

Mark

siu00adg said:
I'm pretty sure it isn't standard, it was a £240 option for me, although mine is due in the first week of sept so maybe they have taken cruise control off the standard options since nov 2006.
Thanks. I should have pointed out that this regards the Nordic market. I just had a look at the UK specs and it's not standard there. It is listed as standard equipment for the Nordic market though (Sweden). This kind of changes my question :)

Since cruise control is listed as standard equipment for the S3's sold in Sweden, does anyone know if this qualifies for a manufacturer error, and if Audi is reponsible for "fixing" it? (Maybe other countries have the same standard equipment, and someone has heard of a similar situation?)

On the sticker in your handbook and in the boot next to the spare wheel there is a sticker with lots of three letter/digit codes. These tell you what should be fitted to your car. You can decode them on this site
http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx
This will tell you if it should have been fitted but wasn't.

icenutter said:
On the sticker in your handbook and in the boot next to the spare wheel there is a sticker with lots of three letter/digit codes. These tell you what should be fitted to your car. You can decode them on this site
http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx
This will tell you if it should have been fitted but wasn't.
It's not listed separately, but on the other hand, considering it should be standard equipment in Sweden, it might fall under this?

"X1D = national sales program Sweden"

You can look at this three ways really:

1) your car might have originally been built intended for another market, but somehow reallocated to Sweden as a demo. Hence the missing curise control which is standard when order from Sweden.

2) If the option code "X1D" does represent that the car was built for the Swedish market, then you must check if the curise control has always been a standard feature, or was it an option before and became standard later on.

3) It was built for Swedish market, curise has always been standard in Sweden ... THEN you have yourself a case!

Good luck!

Yes, you are right. At least now I know that it isn't standard equipment in all countries, which answers one of my initial questions. The Swedish Audi S3 program manager confirmed that my car should have come with cruise control (apparently it's always been standard here).

Thanks everybody for your answers. At least it's great to finally be part of the Audi family. Coming from a Saab 9-5 Aero it's a HUGE change :arco:

Its pretty easy to add at a later date, most dealers will do it for around £200 in the UK which is mad considering it costs £240 from the factory.