RS3 Brakes?

Bobwas4

Reaction score
Hey guys I hope all is well?

The time has come for me to change my pads and discs. I WAS looking at Reyland discs with Ferodo ds2500 pads, HOWEVER?
on their site they DO NOT recommend ds2500 pads. can anyone shed any light on this?? or any other disc brands. ideally 370mm or bigger disc otherwise I would of gone VBT.

Thanks again all.

Hey guys I hope all is well?

The time has come for me to change my pads and discs. I WAS looking at Reyland discs with Ferodo ds2500 pads, HOWEVER?
on their site they DO NOT recommend ds2500 pads. can anyone shed any light on this?? or any other disc brands. ideally 370mm or bigger disc otherwise I would of gone VBT.

Thanks again all.

Big can of worms here lol…..

I ran 2 sets of 370 mm Reylands on my old 8V FL.
First set was with Ferodo DS2500 pads, I had no issues with them on the road.

Second set I changed to a pad by DBA and again I had no issues (pad bed in with DBA was a long 1000 miles though)

Reyland disc material are Pagid blanks machined down and drilled / grooved by Reyland, some people say the quality of the discs isn’t as good as say a AP disc, me personally have never had any issues with them.
6b56e10e998eb0eed1ef4f015ac263af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big can of worms here lol…..

I ran 2 sets of 370 mm Reylands on my old 8V FL.
First set was with Ferodo DS2500 pads, I had no issues with them on the road.

Second set I changed to a pad by DBA and again I had no issues (pad bed in with DBA was a long 1000 miles though)

Reyland disc material are Pagid blanks machined down and drilled / grooved by Reyland, some people say the quality of the discs isn’t as good as say a AP disc, me personally have never had any issues with them.
6b56e10e998eb0eed1ef4f015ac263af.jpg

thats great info bud. how comes you changed from ds2500 to dba pads? just unsure why reyland would recommend not to use one the most popular pads. thanks again.

I changed the Discs for some new ones so I just wanted to try the DBA’s after they were recommended to me.

I had no issue with DS2500 at all.

Pads etc are a personal preference and what works for one may not work for another.