New to the A4, Completely confused about things

johnsoax

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just bought a beater 2001 A4 Quattro 1.8T from a co-worker who was moving across the country and didn't want to move three cars. Got a spectacular deal, but with it having 184k miles on it, it has some rough spots and hasn't always been taken care of.

I've replaced all the filters, oil, fluids, and such, and now am starting to tackle the larger issues. There has been a ton of creaking and noise from the back of the car, found the passenger side rear spring broken right at the top today. I'm having a really hard time understanding what part to purchase. My Vin code is 8D3, but everything talks about 8D2 or 8E5.

This car will be for my teens to drive, so don't want to put a ton of money into it. I need it to be normal ride height or higher, as I have a lousy angle on my driveway and ground out the front constantly when leaving the house.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, click here and go up left to where it says CarProg2. There you'll be able to look up your make, model, year etc... and see the exploded view of the parts of your car and its part numbers. Be careful to check for your correct engine type, traction type (A4= FWD A4Q=quattro), etc... and you'll always be able to look up yourself the part numbers you need. Hope it helps!