Best pads and discs for 2015 Allroad ??

Tiger-G

Reaction score
Hi,

I know this has been asked before, and I've used the search facility to find out a bit more, but would really like a few recent opinions on the best pads and discs to put on my 2015 Allroad.

I often drive the car quite hard, at speed, on rural roads and brake heavily so need some discs and pads that are going to be adequate without costing a fortune. My current discs are warped, and although I haven't got a brake pad warning light on, it's obvious there's some metal on metal contact going on when I brake heavily, so time for a change :blush:

I'd like to get the job done tomorrow (Sunday) so my local EuroCarParts may be the place to visit. Their options are: Eicher, Textar, Brembo, Bosch, Pagid and ATE. If there's anything better that you can think of I'm happy to wait a few days to get them ??

Cheers,
Graeme.

Fitted Zimmerman discs and pads last year. You won’t get them at Europarts, ordered via Autodoc. Used to rate Brembo, but would honestly look elsewhere. Textar is original OE on my wife’s i3, quality product. At the end of the day it’s not just new discs and pads. I rebuilt the brakes on my 2012 Allroad last year all round including new dust seals and slider rubbers, ‘o’ rings on the rear, etc. Wire brushed brake carrier, brake fluid change, etc. That makes a difference for the longevity of the system.

Zmmerman offer zinc coated discs. Never had an issue with warped discs but then I don’t drive it hard.

I think it was Brembo discs and pads I fitted to my A3 and they warped quite quickly. I say warped, but from what I've read, discs don't often "warp", it's pad material transferring to the disc making it feel warped.

Any other opinions on discs.....need to decide quite quickly......

Last edited:
Brembo and EBC Redstuff and on another Brembo and Ferodo Eco Friction .

The former was to cure a Pagid disc 'warp' with the Redstuff , same used Redstuff pads put on and all good .

No point in any discs with a silver paint / coating because...

20220611 132145
Screenshot 20220309 101323 Gallery
2019 02 23 201903

Choose the real deal .

9CC35737 81D4 457E BB27 A8C617C02761
2EC58B70 D681 4FDE 84B4 D5614648FBC0
355D46C4 1931 41B4 8B93 B2CCE4E08D0C

Reactions: spartacus 68
I think it was Brembo discs and pads I fitted to my A3 and they warped quite quickly. I saw warped, but from what I've read, discs don't often "warp", it's pad material transferring to the disc making it feel warped.

Any other opinions on discs.....need to decide quite quickly......

Good point. It’s called pad transfer. The disc will be heat marked and scored too. Sometimes caused by seized slider pins, but usually the caliper piston doesn’t retract properly caused by aluminium oxide corrosion under the rubber dust sleeve which swells.

I usually go for vented discs. No experience of slotted or drilled discs.

Checking up on Brembo, and apparently they are not the same as the ones you see on performance cars, they are outsourced to a lesser company :-(

In the end I was pretty limited as to what I could get hold of on a Sunday, so I went with the Brembo discs and pads. Hopefully, because of my style of driving, they'll be as good as the OEM ones :friendly wink:

In the end I was pretty limited as to what I could get hold of on a Sunday, so I went with the Brembo discs and pads. Hopefully, because of my style of driving, they'll be as good as the OEM ones :friendly wink:

I've got Brembo vented discs and pads all round which I fitted in March and braking performance is good with instant bite, even in the wet (brake wash system probably helps here). I don't often do driving which involves a lot of repeated heavy braking for considerable duration, but when I was having some fun against a mate's Yaris GR I did notice brake fade starting to creep in.

The car originally came with cheap drilled discs on the front, I suspect eBay unbranded or budget brand, which were noisy when driving - head turning in fact. But I did notice pretty much no brake fade. The potential for cracking/failure put me off replacing them with another set of cheap drilled but at the time I couldn't find any decent brands in stock.

Drilled/slotted do looks nice though.