Slipped jack - What's the damage

IanP19

Reaction score
Jacked the car up earlier (which I've done many times) and the trolly jack adapter split in half and trolley jack slipped (I'm so annoyed, but luckily it could have been a lot worse).

I've contacted a few body shops but being Sunday I won't hear back for a few days.

What am I looking at damage wise ( I want to know how bad it is)? Wishful thinking it's just the skirts damaged.

IMG 20220612 141759
IMG 20220612 142318
IMG 20220612 142241
IMG 20220612 142323

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The plastic skirt is clearly damaged as you mentioned, won't see what if any damage is underneath until you pull that front portion off/forward.
I think you'll be fine tbh.

Another forum I'm on, a member has just come out of a coma after the car slipped off the jack, crushing him. Still has a lot of recovery to go. So I'd say you got off light.
Where were you jacking up from? With a trolley I usually go for the rear control arm bushing

Always always use a stand & trolley as, I never rely solely on 1 if I'm under, if it's wheel work generally I'm ok, but even that I more than often double up & always do a movement test before commencing work.

That skirt front peice can be fitted back properly, probably need to manipulate it with a heat gun from back end, but it's stuck on & uses a plastic clip also.

The plastic skirt is clearly damaged as you mentioned, won't see what if any damage is underneath until you pull that front portion off/forward.
I think you'll be fine tbh.

Another forum I'm on, a member has just come out of a coma after the car slipped off the jack, crushing him. Still has a lot of recovery to go. So I'd say you got off light.
Where were you jacking up from? With a trolley I usually go for the rear control arm bushing
Yeah I feel slightly fortunate, as I was just sliding the axle stand under as it went. Could have been a lot worse for me.

Always always use a stand & trolley as, I never rely solely on 1 if I'm under, if it's wheel work generally I'm ok, but even that I more than often double up & always do a movement test before commencing work.

That skirt front peice can be fitted back properly, probably need to manipulate it with a heat gun from back end, but it's stuck on & uses a plastic clip also.
Yeah was going to try and remove that tomorrow to see if I can see anything behind it and try and get it into shape. It's the bit that makes the damage look worse ( I mean it's pretty bent as it is)