Help, what oil

texaspete1973

Reaction score
Hi, what oil would people suggest for my engine. It’s a b9 2.0 tfsi190 bhp. It has 50000 on the clock.
when checking on ECP they are saying 0/40, 20/50 ect.
your help would be much appreciated

I have the same car. If you do short trips 0w40. That's what I had put in, at the very least 5w30

One and the same dual spec universal high quality LongLife but only mention 507.00 when talking derv , subject in question is a tfsi.

I can't tell you how many days I spent unravelling the automotive mystery that is....

0737bc8748b5cc2c7dbf82a2b048b3bd

Reactions: texaspete1973
Came here to ask the same question. Similar model but the 40TFSI 204PS model.

The manual just says 504.00, 508.00 or 511.00 for petrols, no more detail than that.

Reactions: texaspete1973
Came here to ask the same question. Similar model but the 40TFSI 204PS model.

The manual just says 504.00, 508.00 or 511.00 for petrols, no more detail than that.
My 2021 40TFSI 204PS told me on Thursday that it needed a litre of oil adding. I went to Halfords to be told they don't sell oil for that engine. Went on Euro Car Parts website and that too said there was no oil suitable.

I reverted to the manual which is pretty much useless. Then I remembered I still have the top up oil from my previous Audi and the number on the bottle matched one of the codes in the manual so I put 0.5L in.

Think it was Castrol Edge 0W-30. It's got 12k on the clock and due an oil change at 18.

I did note that having entered my details on ECP's parts finder and being told no suitable oil is available, that once I went looking at individual oils it was showing whether or not is was compatible.

Reactions: Vertigo1
@Migwire Thanks, that's useful. Might just ask the dealer at some point and see what they say.

Out of interest how are you finding the 40TFSI 204PS? Had mine since November and only done a few thousand miles in it.
Economy is fairly terrible around town but managed to get 50mpg on a longer run the the other week which I was quite impressed with. Feels like a decent balance between poke and efficiency without going dirty diesel.

I've had mine 15 months. Around the doors is anywhere between 22 and 34mpg according to the computer.

On a clear run from work, 17mi down the A1 from Northumberland to Gateshead, I can get up to 55mpg. Best I've gotten is on a run to Cambridge at 58mpg.

Performance wise it's ok. I don't tend to race people anymore like I used to so don't feel embarrassed performance wise like I maybe once would have.

I've mastered the art of knocking the gearbox into sport mode for quick getaways from junctions though as drive can take a while to decide what it's doing. That said, fuelling it every two weeks is making me look forward an EV next. Have been looking at the BMW it through salary sacrifice but still got just under two years to go.

I can honestly say I don't miss the 190PS TDI A4 I had previously, especially as this version handles better and has a nicer interior (VC and B&O).