TPMS values

Rjw76

Reaction score
Another retrofit issue here! I'm trying to fit TPMS to my A3, but the sticking point at the moment seems to be the actual values. I ordered the kit from Kufatec and the values supplied are OEM ones for my car, but the tyre fitters are having issues with fitting them to my wheels (wheels are also OEM). I've posted photos to hopefully explain:

1. (First photo) Firstly the valve collar doesn't screw down enough to clamp onto the wheel (i.e. the thickness of the wheel where the valve sits is thinner the this gap. Kufatec have said to remove the smaller (upper) seal (visible in the second photo) to allow the collar to screw right down and to just apply grease to the thread (so I assume that seal is just a water seal to protect the screw thread). Surely this isn't the correct solution is it? It seems a bit heath robinson to me!

2. (Second photo) Secondly, even if I where to do this, the tyre fitter has said that there should be a seal at the base of the collar to seal against the outer side of the wheel, which I don't have and there doesn't appear to be a way of attaching a seal to that part of the collar anyway.

For those who have TPMS fitted, any thoughts?

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 63
Another retrofit issue here! I'm trying to fit TPMS to my A3, but the sticking point at the moment seems to be the actual values. I ordered the kit from Kufatec and the values supplied are OEM ones for my car, but the tyre fitters are having issues with fitting them to my wheels (wheels are also OEM). I've posted photos to hopefully explain:

1. (First photo) Firstly the valve collar doesn't screw down enough to clamp onto the wheel (i.e. the thickness of the wheel where the valve sits is thinner the this gap. Kufatec have said to remove the smaller (upper) seal (visible in the second photo) to allow the collar to screw right down and to just apply grease to the thread (so I assume that seal is just a water seal to protect the screw thread). Surely this isn't the correct solution is it? It seems a bit heath robinson to me!

2. (Second photo) Secondly, even if I where to do this, the tyre fitter has said that there should be a seal at the base of the collar to seal against the outer side of the wheel, which I don't have and there doesn't appear to be a way of attaching a seal to that part of the collar anyway.

For those who have TPMS fitted, any thoughts?

Thanks very much!

Never had an issue myself with oem valves on oem rotors

Generally the only issue I’ve heard of from other people is oem not fitting certain aftermarket wheels properly.

When I installed TPMS on my 8V I bought an aftermarket set of sensors for my winter wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I retro-fitted TPMS to my facelift S3 with standard alloys and got the entire kit from Ali-Express. I was told that the orange wheel sensors were not the correct type to get. These black ones that came in my kit fit perfectly. Can you swap your orange ones for those?

I retro-fitted TPMS to my facelift S3 with standard alloys and got the entire kit from Ali-Express. I was told that the orange wheel sensors were not the correct type to get. These black ones that came in my kit fit perfectly. Can you swap your orange ones for those?

Ah, so a potential separate problem then! The orange ones do say they are for my car (A3 8V) on them… do you know what the difference between the black and orange ones is?
What about your actual values though, do they have a seal that fits against the outer rim of the wheel? (I can’t really see from the photo).

Thanks.

I have the orange valves on my car (came in an AliExpress kit) and didn't have any issues with them. Maybe they have been revised?

I found a pic of the ones I bought and the stem bit looks like the ones @s3mad_dude posted in his pic where the gap you highlighted is tighter. I'm pretty sure you can buy the stems separately, I know it's not an ideal solution as you've already bought them but its an option

I have the orange valves on my car (came in an AliExpress kit) and didn't have any issues with them. Maybe they have been revised?

I found a pic of the ones I bought and the stem bit looks like the ones @s3mad_dude posted in his pic where the gap you highlighted is tighter. I'm pretty sure you can buy the stems separately, I know it's not an ideal solution as you've already bought them but its an option
Thanks Alpesh, do your valves have the other seal as well, or not?

Thanks Alpesh, do your valves have the other seal as well, or not?
It looks like mine had something there. This is the only pic I have of them:

Attachments

• thumbnail_DB153F0E-9D4D-44E7-9E68-0E173E487B30.jpg
    thumbnail_DB153F0E-9D4D-44E7-9E68-0E173E487B30.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 46
This is the most close-up photo I have. My valves looks similar to @alpesh26. If you can get just the valve stems on their own hopefully you’ll be sorted.