Pirelli or Bridgestone?

jaypers777

Reaction score
Have seen both brands supplied on the RS3. Is this just luck of the draw and any pros/cons to either? Mine has been built with Bridgestones.

I got Pirelli’s, didn’t have any choice in it

Reactions: jaypers777
No science to this just a hunch but most recent cars I’ve seen have been with Bridgestones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jaypers777
Bridgestones on my car. Have a really big shoulder which sticks out way past the alloys so hopefully will help if kerbed.

Pirelli on my LE. Were awful to start with but are now scrubbed in and doing much better.

I did take a look for potential replacements recently and could t find any like for like replacements for the fronts… it may be that the Pirelli are currently harder to come by than the Bridgestones?

Bridgestones on my car. Have a really big shoulder which sticks out way past the alloys so hopefully will help if kerbed.

You should have seen the rim protector on the 8V pfl PZero fronts. Bridgestone protector is tiny compared to that. Touch wood, it seems to be working. Anyone kerbed a wheel yet? Not sure how easy the matte alloys will be to repair? We’ve still never gotten to the bottom of who did the front passenger side on our old one.

You should have seen the rim protector on the 8V pfl PZero fronts. Bridgestone protector is tiny compared to that. Touch wood, it seems to be working. Anyone kerbed a wheel yet? Not sure how easy the matte alloys will be to repair? We’ve still never gotten to the bottom of who did the front passenger side on our old one.

yeah the shoulder on the Pirelli’s are still huge. Probs about .5 of an inch of extra rubber lol

9F32C334 213B 4CE6 86DE E0A687584636

Reactions: kayemill
yeah the shoulder on the Pirelli’s are still huge. Probs about .5 of an inch of extra rubber lol

View attachment 256211

Yeah the rim protection on the pirelli's is quitre remarkable isn't it - lovely looking tyre and profile.
I've got the bridgestones and they do have decent rim protection too and so far the ride and grip feel decent.

How are you finding the matt black alloys to clean.
Bit of a pita imo.
Don't get me wrong, they look really cool - but I'm finding them hard work to clean up and they show water marks easily.

Yeah the rim protection on the pirelli's is quitre remarkable isn't it - lovely looking tyre and profile.
I've got the bridgestones and they do have decent rim protection too and so far the ride and grip feel decent.

Bit of a pita imo.
Don't get me wrong, they look really cool - but I'm finding them hard work to clean up and they show water marks easily.

I use Gyeon Wheel Cleaner and agitate and then use a blow-dryer to dry them. Only thing is the oxidation from the brake disks :(

Bit of a pita imo.

This
0c412e953e02a2d698aa5720430013eb.jpg

With a coating

c1dc8b45c7dd80b8ac468721360dc0a7.jpg

And one of these is about all you can do.

I find the discs don’t rust and deposit any red crud now on the barrels since using the blower.
a44b166c17d8e24ffba63f7f57d95978.jpg

It also helps massively drying off the bodywork.

Not much room between the wheel and brake disc my wheel woolies are getting destroyed.

This
0c412e953e02a2d698aa5720430013eb.jpg

With a coating

c1dc8b45c7dd80b8ac468721360dc0a7.jpg

And one of these is about all you can do.

I find the discs don’t rust and deposit any red crud now on the barrels since using the blower.
a44b166c17d8e24ffba63f7f57d95978.jpg

It also helps massively drying off the bodywork.

Is that the bigboi mini? Is it powerful enough for the whole car?

Reactions: 8YARWY
Is that the bigboi mini? Is it powerful enough for the whole car?

Indeed it is…… perfect for drying it off.

Reactions: Deleted member 160894
Indeed it is…… perfect for drying it off.

Thanks. I looked at the pro but it was a lot of money and seemed to be a bit over the top.

Thanks. I looked at the pro but it was a lot of money and seemed to be a bit over the top.

I weighed the cost up on all of them before I took the plunge, decided the Mini was more than ample to do what I needed.

It’s a godsend on lights / door mirror / petrol caps / and wheels.

I weighed the cost up on all of them before I took the plunge, decided the Mini was more than ample to do what I needed.

It’s a godsend on lights / door mirror / petrol caps / and wheels.

Do you find you need to do any wiping at all? Or is it completely contact free drying?

I use this… bought it “for the dog” so no buying yet more car cleaning stuff hassle from the mrs (she does have a point to be fair).

Does well. Also works on the dog too

edit: now with pic (hopefully).

Attachments

• 98C09298-1B28-4635-815F-DA93FDB07584.png
    98C09298-1B28-4635-815F-DA93FDB07584.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 160894
Maybe I’m being a bit over sensitive but I’ve noticed a bit of drone at certain speeds on some roads, mainly motorways. Not engine noise, which is incredibly quiet when cruising. Is this a Bridgestone thing or a general RS3 trait?