reverseproxy

Reaction score
Website
www.andrewhope.co.uk
Not really a how to so I haven't posted there.

It took me 17 hours (although I reckon now I could probably do it in 4 or 5) as I was going slowly.

I just wanted to document that I managed to replace my Turbo, and I added a few pictures / comments onto my blog that others could potentially read if they need help or guidance.

My car had a few issues (Overfuelling / black smoke), although this was from a split hose, and the turbo was overboosting with P0234 code. Most commonly the variable vane seized so I replaced the turbo

If anyone stuck with Turbo replacement on the BKD platform my link is below. This may help you with research. I appreciate I'm linking offsite, but I prefer to host content on my own platform, as it's easier for me to write the posts how I want them, and the links will always work correctly

My blog article on the Turbo replacement

Reactions: palmgrooves, samisnake and curtis92
good write up ill be doing my turbo soon , probably a hybrid apparently theyre better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: reverseproxy
good write up ill be doing my turbo soon , probably a hybrid apparently theyre better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed, my car is using the factory turbo. I don't know if it's been tuned, but I didn't want to go through adding a Hybrid Turbo route then messing about with everything else. My car had 135k miles on it before I replaced the Turbo. If the factory Garrett turbo can last this long , it's good enough for me.

My main purpose was building a reliable car for work tbh, if I was to tune a car I'd probably buy a second one to mess about with.

It was an interesting experience. It's not that hard, just ****** fiddly.