2008 a4 cabriolet roof problems

Peter 7868

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm just new to the group ,I've got a problem with the foof on my a4 cabriolet it had just stopped working I've replaced the motor now the roof is working but the back cover won't lift up to let the roof go all the way down any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi all
I'm just new to the group ,I've got a problem with the foof on my a4 cabriolet it had just stopped working I've replaced the motor now the roof is working but the back cover won't lift up to let the roof go all the way down any help would be greatly appreciated
Hi Peter,
Sounds like a faulty sensor.
My roof was driving me mad and despite replacing the motor, the control module and a position sensor I still couldn't get it to work. In the end I took it to Cayman Auto Services in Redhill Surrey (just off the M25) and within an hour they'd diagnosed the problem, given me an estimate and an hour later had completed a most satisfactory repair.
I can't praise them enough even though I had to travel from Dorset to have the diagnosis/repair carried out. I just wish I'd gone to them first as I'd have saved myself a lot of money, time and stress.
If they are within reasonable travelling distance and you can't sort it out for yourself, give them a ring Cayman Autos

Reactions: tr7