Audi MMI Version Options in A6

OliS

Reaction score
Hi All

i am looking to buy an A6 from 2016 to 2018 and struggling to identify from basic Auto Trader photos which MMI is which. Would anyone be able to help me with how to tell apart the better version from the cheaper one just from a photo so I don't mess up.
I noticed there seems to be two different styles of main panel but unsure which is the better of the two, or if this is indeed a good way to tell them apart? Photos included as attached.

Any help to ensure I can make sure I do get the one with the newer version is appreciated.

Thanks, Oli.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220711-220119_Auto Trader.jpg
    Screenshot_20220711-220119_Auto Trader.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_20220711-220046_Auto Trader.jpg
    Screenshot_20220711-220046_Auto Trader.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 89
It should be the one with the SIM card and 2 sdcard slots.
if you are looking for the one with Audi connect it needs to have tech pack or tech pack advance. Another tell tale is the dis between the Rev meter and Speedo. It should have a colour display not black and white. Maps can be shown there too.

Reactions: OliS
It should be the one with the SIM card and 2 sdcard slots.
if you are looking for the one with Audi connect it needs to have tech pack or tech pack advance. Another tell tale is the dis between the Rev meter and Speedo. It should have a colour display not black and white. Maps can be shown there too.
Yes I suppose where I was coming from was I want the maps in the middle of the driver display, but how can I tell that when 90% of the photos seem to show the car without the nav on.
Conclusion seemed to be needs to have 2 USB slots in the centre arm rest but no one seemed to take a photo of in there either.
So Sim card would be the tell tale?
Don't suppose you know the difference between the two mmi fronts I've taken photos of? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Yes I suppose where I was coming from was I want the maps in the middle of the driver display, but how can I tell that when 90% of the photos seem to show the car without the nav on.
Conclusion seemed to be needs to have 2 USB slots in the centre arm rest but no one seemed to take a photo of in there either.
Don't suppose you know the difference between the two mmi fronts I've taken photos of? Thanks again.
I had a 2014/2015 car with tech pack and it was the one with sim and 2 sdcard slots.

Reactions: OliS

As per my response to your other post to get map display between the dials you need the Tech Pack and that gives you MMI system with the SIM card slot and 2 sd card slots behind a flap. No SIM card means you have the RMC system and that does not allow map display in the DIS, even if you have the colour DIS (which I think became standard for the last year of C7 regardless of whether the tech pack was added

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Based on the above. Would this one be able to have carplay enabled? It appears to have slightly bigger screen than others I’ve seen with less bezel at the bottom
B3F225E8 D069 4A04 BE81 02A58B44BF81

Attachments

• 5E99C5D1-105D-4178-A587-00492000CBDC.jpeg
    5E99C5D1-105D-4178-A587-00492000CBDC.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 89
Based on the above. Would this one be able to have carplay enabled? It appears to have slightly bigger screen than others I’ve seen with less bezel at the bottom
View attachment 257296
Yes that car has the tech pack so, assuming it is a facelift car it should be possible to get CarPlay enabled