Exhaust modification

Dlarkham931

Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble getting any sort of note out of the 1.9 S line? I've removed the two rear most boxes and took all the crap out of the others but it's done very little. Anyone got any suggestions? Preferably on a budget

Its a 4 cylinder diesel, what realistically are you expecting? If you want some sort of noise that just isn't "loud" then a 6 cylinder would be suited more for a more tasteful note.

You want more noise from a diesel, that's a 1st lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Darren92 and 8YARWY
Sarcasm is the lowest form, little banter on a forum is harmless lol

Reactions: 8YARWY
Touche

However, if that were true, you'd realise no matter what you did to the exhaust, it still won't sound like an F1, still a tractor ;P

Touche

However, if that were true, you'd realise no matter what you did to the exhaust, it still won't sound like an F1, still a tractor ;P

Or like those terrible sounding modified BMW’s that sound broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN
You will really struggle to make any noticeable worthwhile difference or improvement to the exhaust note on this type of engine, it's just a basic 4 cyl diesel engine so never going to sound much.
If it was a 6 cyl then you'd have more options but even then diesels will never sound awsome like a v6 petrol of V8 lump with a sport system.

I wish you luck all the same in your quest. :icon thumright:

Reactions: spartacus 68
Ah well, you win some you lose some. Just thought it was worth putting feelers out instead of wasting money on stuff that doesn't work or sounds awful. Guess I'll just have to find something else to modify instead!

Reactions: Stu_b7
Better to ask, than spend the money and realise you've wasted your time and funds :thumbs up:

Many people don't r&d tbh so it's good to ask opinions.

Reactions: 8YARWY