New Member - S6 Avant / BiTdi

goram

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum - current ride is a remapped 335d xDrive Touring and I’m considering one of the above, with a version of each (both white) tempting me on auto trader.

I do about 12000 miles a year and if I’m honest, the S6 is appealing the most purely because I’d like a V8 while we still can. But can anyone give me a steer on just what I can expect mpg wise? Clearly a mapped BiTdi will give similar performance but with the obvious benefit of mid 30+ mpg. But it’s not a V8.

My heart is saying S6 but my head BiTdi….

Any thoughts welcome….. Cheers.

I had a BiTdi, was after an S6 but just could not find one that ticked all the boxes. Ended up with the RS4. My vote goes for the S6.

Reactions: Sandra
I had a BiTdi, was after an S6 but just could not find one that ticked all the boxes. Ended up with the RS4. My vote goes for the S6.
Thanks mate. Funnily enough I have been thinking about one of those too, although I have concerns about size.

out of interest, what mpg did you get out of the RS4?

Thanks mate. Funnily enough I have been thinking about one of those too, although I have concerns about size.

I averaged 23.1mpg over 8k miles. Mix of driving

Calculated using a spreadsheet and brim to brim re fills.

My average in the RS4 is 24.81
My average in the BiTdi was 24.96

Hard to believe, I know. I guess the A6 had a lot of smaller journeys, maybe, as I had it during lockdown.

Reactions: goram
I had an S4 V8. I did about 17 mpg.
Now have a BiTdi Allroad. Doing about 30 mpg now.
Ultimate performance is realistically pretty similar however delivered differently. The Bi is more of a magic carpet whereas the S4 was a kick in the back and it was never what I would call a 'relaxing drive'.
Could I justify the noise and fuel costs of the S4 vs a Bi. To be honest, probably not. I was glad I had it, but gladder I've got the Bi now (especially with current fuel prices).

Bitdi here.
I used to average 33mpg, about 11k a year.
Recently, with the change in fuel prices, I have been leaving earlier (and generally appreciating the comfy ride) and I now get 38mpg, so mething like 500 miles per tank (120 quid).

Hope this helps

Averaging 21-22 in my RS6 but thats mostly local driving and the bitdi got around 35-38 mpg. getting in the bitdi even after driving the RS still feels so smooth and effortless and a joy to drive. Probably why im still torn about selling it.