Brake Pedal Height

Stratman

Reaction score
Relatively new owner of a 8Y A3 in the US. Love the car but one thing seems weird to me. The brake pedal height relative to the gas pedal seems way too high. Without measuring it, I'd say it's at least a 2" - 2.5" between the pedals. It makes it so that it's difficult to get the the brake pedal quickly at time and varies depending on what shoes I'm wearing.

Has anyone else noted this? Is there a possible remedy? I spoke to an Audi service guy and without looking at my car he said it's not adjustable..... I think it's potentially dangerous.

Reactions: M7MD
Relatively new owner of a 8Y A3 in the US. Love the car but one thing seems weird to me. The brake pedal height relative to the gas pedal seems way too high. Without measuring it, I'd say it's at least a 2" - 2.5" between the pedals. It makes it so that it's difficult to get the the brake pedal quickly at time and varies depending on what shoes I'm wearing.

Has anyone else noted this? Is there a possible remedy? I spoke to an Audi service guy and without looking at my car he said it's not adjustable..... I think it's potentially dangerous.
Yes I felt the same with my RS3 8Y and it’s a bit higher than the gas pedal which makes so annoying and tiering