Dreaded ECON light on

Vinny000

Reaction score
Any body every solve the ECON light stuck on ? Mines isn't related to low gas etc , fault code is for the high pressure sensor/ open circuit to b+ , took the plug off has 3 wires ,a ground and 2 lives , 1 has 13.8v other has 14.2 v , ,a thought if it was an open circuit a wouldn't get volts , basically thought the switch should be at fault but it that's the 3 rd switch in a row not genuine Audi but brand new ,

They came from local supplier the Aircon guy uses all the time no idea there not genuine Audi, edit: had a look at images of the genuine Audi sensors that have VW AG printed on them then the part numbers mines is identical so maybe be genuine Audi ?

Last edited:
I've got the same problem, replaced the sensor and still stuck on

So mines is now SORTED ! :) Was the wrong high pressure sensor , part number should be 3R0 959 126
The wrong sensor was 4H0 959 126 ,
Soon as the new switch was fitted Econ light went out ,
S l400 4

Wrong sensor
looks identical but slightly different part number and it's black in colour where as the correct one it grey

Reactions: Fully
What part number did you fit ?
i don't know to be honest, i just gave my reg and the parts company sourced the item.
Where did you get yours from and what price if you don't mind me asking?

Here a screenshot of the wrong one a bet loads of people buy this one everything fits plugs in perfect but doesn't work ,does say A4 but only compatible with A4 allroad b8 and A3 etc
Screenshot 20220805 161954

So mines is now SORTED ! :) Was the wrong high pressure sensor , part number should be 3R0 959 126
The wrong sensor was 4H0 959 126 ,
Soon as the new switch was fitted Econ light went out ,View attachment 257483
Wrong sensor
looks identical but slightly different part number and it's black in colour where as the correct one it grey
Dropped the bumper today to check my sensor and its a grey one fitted.
I pressed the schrader valve and nothing released, so i'm thinking i need a recharge, hence why my ECON light won't go out.

Dropped the bumper today to check my sensor and its a grey one fitted.
I pressed the schrader valve and nothing released, so i'm thinking i need a recharge, hence why my ECON light won't go out.
When I bought my car, from a mechanic mind, both the aircon didn't work with ECON on and the check engine light was on, which he said he couldn't fix, so I got it cheap. I immediately regassed for 40 quid and it it blew ice cold for almost 5 years, until I had to replace the compressor. And a good auto electrician traced the EML light issue to a couple of broken wires to the ECU and sorted it for a few more quid. Definitely worth re-gassing first before anything. At Kwikfit they won't even charge you if there is a leak, or other issue.

Reactions: Fully