1.5 35tfsi 2018 (68)

Tfsi.ted

Reaction score
Hi all

So i get a ticking noise cant really figure out where from…

s tronic gearbox

Set at 30mph at 2000rpm and it starts of i was to change up/down gear and or put my foot down a bit it stops…car doesn’t drive bad at all very smoove no power loss any ideas please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all

So i get a ticking noise cant really figure out where from…

s tronic gearbox

Set at 30mph at 2000rpm and it starts of i was to change up/down gear and or put my foot down a bit it stops…car doesn’t drive bad at all very smoove no power loss any ideas please?

-sounds like the rattle from the turbo wastegate actuator rod that some cars suffer from. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a simple cure for this.

Reactions: Tfsi.ted
-sounds like the rattle from the turbo wastegate actuator rod that some cars suffer from. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a simple cure for this.

Thank you for the reply ill take a look

Its when the car goes into 2 cyclinder mode. its the linkage that rattles. trust me. only fix is to replace the whole unit. (mine got done by Audi under warranty as I constantly complained about it).

Its when the car goes into 2 cyclinder mode. its the linkage that rattles. trust me. only fix is to replace the whole unit. (mine got done by Audi under warranty as I constantly complained about it).

Could you hear anything when it was idling?

Inlifted the bonnet and it sounded good surly ide hear?

Also does it in dynamic

Could you hear anything when it was idling?

Inlifted the bonnet and it sounded good surly ide hear?

Also does it in dynamic

No, only did it when the engine went into COD mode. around 2000rpm at 30mph ish.

Reactions: Tfsi.ted
I've got this issue as well, even in dynamic mode. It's done it since day 1 and doesn't seem to affect anything. I've just learned to live with it now.