Unlock Boot with ignition on

vdt

Reaction score
Are there any ways to open/unlock the boot with ignition/engine on? For the life of me I can’t find a way to do so, I have to always take the key out to unlock the boot, as the buttons on the key won’t work otherwise.

Thanks

Unless someone's coded to do so, it should release via the boot switch.

Unless someone's coded to do so, it should release via the boot switch.
What are you referring to when you say ‘boot switch’? I don’t see a dedicated button for release

What are you referring to when you say ‘boot switch’? I don’t see a dedicated button for release
Middle button on your remote, press and hold

Oh hang on, you do know the button on the drivers door, lock/unlock, if you press unlock the boot can be manually opened then.

Not sure I understand the issue, the boot itself has the grab handle microswitch, that should work fine even with car started, unless it's been coded to not function with ignition on.

Opening the boot from the driver's seat unless it's an electric boot of which the 8P does not, is pointless as of course the boot has the switch to open anyway.

Reactions: LEE69
Oh hang on, you do know the button on the drivers door, lock/unlock, if you press unlock the boot can be manually opened then.
If he's been driving already, then of course the autolock, which also is a coded option maybe in place, thus boot requires as you state Lee, the driver's unlock button to be pressed, but autolock only engages after 10mph or so, therefore it's situation dependent, I suspect he's not going us the full picture.

Reactions: LEE69
Not sure I understand the issue, the boot itself has the grab handle microswitch, that should work fine even with car started, unless it's been coded to not function with ignition on.

Opening the boot from the driver's seat unless it's an electric boot of which the 8P does not, is pointless as of course the boot has the switch to open anyway.
I guess it's been coded not to open then. Basically, the boot auto-locks when closed, and does not open unless opened by the remote key. The remote key buttons don't function when it's in the ignition, and the boot switch handle doesn't do anything when the ignition/engine is on. Would you know how I can uncode this? Thanks

It's a 5 door btw for what it's worth, thanks.

I guess it's been coded not to open then. Basically, the boot auto-locks when closed, and does not open unless opened by the remote key. The remote key buttons don't function when it's in the ignition, and the boot switch handle doesn't do anything when the ignition/engine is on.

Would you know how I can uncode this?

It's a 5 door btw for what it's worth, thanks.

It doesn't do anything from the door card switch either. Even tho I have auto-lock above 10mph enabled, it should open however, but it doesn't.

It doesn't do anything from the door card switch either. Even tho I have auto-lock above 10mph enabled, it should open however, but it doesn't.
Might be a drivers door lock issue too, or at least the wiring in the rubber joining the door to chassis

I'd check the rear wiper hasn't leaked the screenwash and goosed the boot handle switch.