EGR issue 01027 (N18) Malfunction. Please help.

DonD

Reaction score
I have an Audi A3 1.9 TDI 2009 8p1 and in the last few days a solid yellow engine management light has come on.

I had a full service and diagnostics today and it came up with code 01027 (N18) malfunction. I've heard this is a common thing with Audi's it also has 171000 on the clock.

I don't want to pay for a new EGR valve which the mechanic was suggesting, does any one on here have any ideas on how to rectify the issue without doing this?

I've seen on here that it could be down to wiring being cut. Any help/suggestions on this would be much appreciated. Cheers.

egr delete and map to go with it, but thats a mot failure if its uk, i would just get a new egr or clean your current one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

egr delete and map to go with it, but thats a mot failure if its uk, i would just get a new egr or clean your current one

Cheers for the reply, I drove my car just now after a full service (oil filter, cabin filter, fuel filter).

Before the service the glow plug light was flashing as well as the solid yellow engine management light.

Now the engine management light goes off while driving and car performance is fine.

Although when I turn ignition key once before starting engine light comes on and stays on. Any thoughts on this. Shall I still get it checked out?

engine management light goes out once started i think n stays on with ignition on first turn, glow plugs would be different as thats in a different area but would be worth looking into that man