Configurator question

RoleyRS3

Reaction score
Looking at the configurator and when selecting the Vorsprung, Audi gives you the option for:-
RS Adaptive suspension with Audi drive select and top speed increase to 180mph £1,175.00

Also RS Dynamic Pack consisting of RS Adaptive suspension with Drive select, RS Ceramic Brakes, Top speed increase to 180mph and RS Sports Exhaust system £5,000.
I was under the impression the RS Adaptive suspension with Drive select and the RS sports Exhaust was standard on the Vorsprung? Why is Audi listing this in the packs? And surely the price should reflect! Is this suspension and Exhaust something different to what is fitted on the Vorsprung?

No, was never included AFAIK. I’ve got the Dynamic Pack on mine, including the ceramic brakes. Pretty sure I’ll never need the 180mph increase!!!

Looking at the configurator and when selecting the Vorsprung, Audi gives you the option for:-
RS Adaptive suspension with Audi drive select and top speed increase to 180mph £1,175.00

Also RS Dynamic Pack consisting of RS Adaptive suspension with Drive select, RS Ceramic Brakes, Top speed increase to 180mph and RS Sports Exhaust system £5,000.
I was under the impression the RS Adaptive suspension with Drive select and the RS sports Exhaust was standard on the Vorsprung? Why is Audi listing this in the packs? And surely the price should reflect! Is this suspension and Exhaust something different to what is fitted on the Vorsprung?
Yes you're right, the vorsprung comes with RS adaptive suspension and drive select as standard so you're paying £1,175 for a top speed increase of 6mph. I have to say though that I thought you couldn't have the increase to 180mph without ceramics? Which means this option couldn't be ticked anyway :shrug:

Again, vorpsrung comes with sports exhaust and the above mentioned bits. So you're paying for the ceramics and the 6mph. Some people think it's a good deal because of some of the benefits. Others, myself included, stick to the steels.

Yes you're right, the vorsprung comes with RS adaptive suspension and drive select as standard so you're paying £1,175 for a top speed increase of 6mph. I have to say though that I thought you couldn't have the increase to 180mph without ceramics? Which means this option couldn't be ticked anyway :shrug:

Again, vorpsrung comes with sports exhaust and the above mentioned bits. So you're paying for the ceramics and the 6mph. Some people think it's a good deal because of some of the benefits. Others, myself included, stick to the steels.
+ panaromic roof, which I would have unticked, if it was upto me.

+ panaromic roof, which I would have unticked, if it was upto me.
That was the main reason I went for it. I wanted a little more light in the cabin and I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer the vorsprung wheels to the others available. Each to their own I guess :thumbs up:

Reactions: RS03???, cooperp, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
That was the main reason I went for it. I wanted a little more light in the cabin and I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer the vorsprung wheels to the others available. Each to their own I guess :thumbs up:
Agree on the roof, but my wheels will be going all black.

Pano roof adds weight #losers

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03???, cooperp and 8YARWY
No it doesn’t

Err yes it does, I know two 8V owners who had major issues with pan roofs.

1 rejected his car because of it and the other had his car literally pulled to bits at Audi trying to remove the cartridge.
f97b67c2175a50458194e5543f04119c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Err yes it does, I know two 8V owners who had major issues with pan roofs.

1 rejected his car because of it and the other had his car literally pulled to bits at Audi trying to remove the cartridge.
f97b67c2175a50458194e5543f04119c.jpg

Unlucky. Mine don’t.

Unlucky. Mine don’t.

Neither did mine, but my point was they aren’t all perfect, some give nothing but trouble and are never 100%

It’s a major job to remove a pan roof cassette.

Neither did mine, but my point was they aren’t all perfect, some give nothing but trouble and are never 100%

It’s a major job to remove a pan roof cassette.

Agree. But your first comment was they ‘creak like buggery’, I’m just stating for other readers that not all panos creak.

They are definitely not bullet proof - plenty of threads re problems with pano roofs across most Audi models. Not had any Issues with creaking / rattles but the one in my A4 Avant leaked and fried the re parking sensor control module in the process - took a month to sort that one out and the one in my wife’s Q3 leaked like a sieve - took two visits to get that one sorted both of which required most of the interior to be removed to fit a new cassette and dry out the carpets and sound proofing.

Pano roofs also were also an additional service item too but Audi looked to have dropped that from the 8Y

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY
Pan roof is nice :) last car I had with a 'sunroof' was a 911, it's a shame though that when fully open it start 'buffeting' about 35mph and needs to be closed completly anything the other side of about 55mph, other things on the Vorsprung I would'nt have ticked are 'Memory seats' and 'power tailgate' but now I have had both I find the Memory seats excellent with sharing the car with Wifey and the power tailgate also worthwhile (except when the silly key opens it against my garage door :scared2: )

Reactions: Deleted member 160894
Pan roof is nice :) last car I had with a 'sunroof' was a 911, it's a shame though that when fully open it start 'buffeting' about 35mph and needs to be closed completly anything the other side of about 55mph, other things on the Vorsprung I would'nt have ticked are 'Memory seats' and 'power tailgate' but now I have had both I find the Memory seats excellent with sharing the car with Wifey and the power tailgate also worthwhile (except when the silly key opens it against my garage door :scared2: )
I like it when things you thought were pointless or not wanted, turn out to be quite useful on a car. Have you used the kick motion to open the boot handsfree? Any good?

I like it when things you thought were pointless or not wanted, turn out to be quite useful on a car. Have you used the kick motion to open the boot handsfree? Any good?
IMHO it’s something I would not miss. Wife’s had on two cars now and have found it temperamental on both to say the least. Nine times out of ten you have your hands full and then have to balance on one foot and wave the other one about in the hope the boot lid opens without looking like a right tool in the process:joycat:

In all works the other way round when you lose something that you previously had and used without thinking about it. Wife is really fed up her S3 hasn’t got a 360 camera Which is quite funny as she said she never use it when she first got her Q3.:whistle2:

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Mike.46
The minute I turned off keyless entry the foot waving boot feature is turned off.

Only used it a handful of times anyways.

I do like the holding down the button and the beep beep beep warning it does until shut

Yes it's good, it works faultlesly every time you try it.................until that is you walk up to the car with both arms full of stuff and unable to press the key fob or the boot latch it then stays closed no matter how much kick motion you use and laughs at you

Reactions: NevMan