Typical mileage for brake pads and discs?

sebtomato

Reaction score
Hi,

What would be the typical mileage done before front brake pads and discs have to be replaced, on a A3 with S-tronic, driven gently?

30,000 miles?
40,000 miles?

Depends on the roads you use most, but I would expect 40,000+ from a set.

Reactions: sebtomato
Rear pads replaced at 30k ish. Front pads due soon at 34k as it’s 80% worn. Discs could do with replacing as it’s a bit corroded from sitting around during covid but should see the pads through till next year when I decide which discs/pads I want next.

Interesting to see that people have replaced rear pads before front pads. I would have expected the front brakes to take most of the load.

Interesting to see that people have replaced rear pads before front pads. I would have expected the front brakes to take most of the load.
4 Audis from new and all same. Rear pads first. Was told it’s softer compound and rears does reasonable amount of braking with traction control/stability etc.

Just done my fronts at 33k miles, could have probably pushed it a bit longer but think they only had a few mm left. Rears are due soon too.

Well I am at 52K and just had a service and mot and they say theres plenty of life left as I asked the question. Brake pad indicators where both at green. I do drive very lightly mind.

I couldn't believe it and exactly happened to me.. Rears worn faster than fronts..

Well I am at 52K and just had a service and mot and they say theres plenty of life left as I asked the question. Brake pad indicators where both at green. I do drive very lightly mind.
With no hard braking or hard steering at high speeds I bet pads can last even 100k