calw123

Reaction score
So my drivers window goes down fine, but putting it up the window gets stuck around 50% of the way up.
Check the rubber channels and can't see any obstructions but it looks as if the glass is pointing too far towards the centre of the car so it is becoming too tight to the rubber seals.
I'm hoping someone else has had this issue and resolved it, so any ideas and help welcomed

Ideally need to check the glass fixings behind the door card as it may have broken causing looseness or even a regulator issue, however sounds like it's the fixings if the glass is tilted.

Reactions: calw123
Ideally need to check the glass fixings behind the door card as it may have broken causing looseness or even a regulator issue, however sounds like it's the fixings if the glass is tilted.
Is this a common issue on the 8v platform ?

Not that I'm aware of & tbh it's not that common on numerous chassis's, however they've been known to break at times, but glass slipping has only a few reasons for, regulators & fixings, door motor controls the regulator so it's not likely that, channel rubbers unless cracked obstructing shouldn't be the cause, this leaves only 2 things tbh.

Pop the card of & have a look.

You could try using silicone spray grease on the rubber parts of the glass channel where it slides up/down. I've had similar issues to yourself with my rear r/h glass on my Sportback not going up and the silicone spray grease sorted it for me ;)

For the time it'll take as @NHN has said pop your door card off and check to make sure nothing has broken inside the door.

Hi, i'm having the same problem with my rear sportback window. I put the window down and heard a clunk noise, then when i went to put it back up again it goes to half way thinks about it, then rolls back down again! So annoying as as its very rarely used.