Leather wear already?

thomaslewis

Reaction score
My Edition 1 is just under 9 months old, only done 5000 miles but this is already happening to the driver side seat bolster?

This is my first car with leather seats and I know they do wear down over time but I feel like this short amount of time is like ridiculous, the peeling and the creasing is just so bad.

I want to go to my dealer and complain about it, but before I did that I just wanted to find out if this is just “general wear and tear” or whether I do actually have the right to be ******.

Attachments

• 42CC0EE0-7E0D-4328-A9E9-AF22F1F8C4FC.jpeg
    42CC0EE0-7E0D-4328-A9E9-AF22F1F8C4FC.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 209
  • 08BFBBDD-6D4F-4C9A-A552-55E74EE35BED.jpeg
    08BFBBDD-6D4F-4C9A-A552-55E74EE35BED.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 186
It's to do with either how you enter or exit the car also Audi are renowned for soft bolsters ....and l think you have Faux leather ? Besides if it where leather it would still mark at the same point....looks like your hitting the side bolster when you enter the car

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Mine is fine on a 3 and half year old S3 with 30k on the clock .
Like @jassyo06 says it's how you are entering or exiting the car .

Reactions: Jassyo06
Watch the studs on the pockets of your jeans! I’ve protected mine with a leather guard from GTechniq. Will it work, only time will tell.

Watch the studs on the pockets of your jeans! I’ve protected mine with a leather guard from GTechniq. Will it work, only time will tell.
Leather guard or any leather product the likes of leather guard is a anti friction product but it wont stop the creasing in the upper backrest the said member is banging his derriere/bottom of his back off this part of the seat....its the cushioning that's the cause of the crease and not the seat covering seen it all before on here

Leather guard or any leather product the likes of leather guard is a anti friction product but it wont stop the creasing in the upper backrest the said member is banging his derriere/bottom of his back off this part of the seat....its the cushioning that's the cause of the crease and not the seat covering seen it all before on here
Never noticed the crease, I was looking at the edge where it’s wearing. Guess the OP just needs to stop banging the side of the seat on entry, it’s an art ;-)

Slightly off topic but does the s3 have full leather or still faux leather on the sides? I assume the other models are faux leather?

Is that the S3 spec, as the choice on the configurator is either material combination, which is Dunamica microfiber with mono.pur 550, or fine nappa leather which makes no reference to material combinations.

No - it’s the seat spec for the S Line trim - if you click on the i icon next to the S Line checkbox on the configurator it will give you the full spec of the car.