S5 B9 vibration/shaking at idle in P?

ChromeX

Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up an S5 yesterday from a trusted dealership (Cazoo) and did a quick inspection before taking the keys since they provide 90-day free warranty and 7-day free returns. This morning I've done a more detailed check and noticed when idling (in P on both Dynamic and efficiency) I can feel minor and random sudden vibrations/shakes throughout the interior. The engine sounds stable, gauges show rpm is stable too at around 700/800rpm. Is this normal? As soon as the car in in D/S its completely fine.

I just wanted to check with other users if this is normal. I assumed a V6 would feel much smoother. 27,000 miles so mechanically I expected everything to be sound (FSH of course)

Cant say i’ve noticed this on mine.

on cold start the idle fluctuates initially but after that with the radio loud enough cant tell if the stop start has kicked in!

Hi all,

I picked up an S5 yesterday from a trusted dealership (Cazoo) and did a quick inspection before taking the keys since they provide 90-day free warranty and 7-day free returns. This morning I've done a more detailed check and noticed when idling (in P on both Dynamic and efficiency) I can feel minor and random sudden vibrations/shakes throughout the interior. The engine sounds stable, gauges show rpm is stable too at around 700/800rpm. Is this normal? As soon as the car in in D/S its completely fine.

I just wanted to check with other users if this is normal. I assumed a V6 would feel much smoother. 27,000 miles so mechanically I expected everything to be sound (FSH of course)

I've noticed my S5 doing this recently, but I'm not sure when exactly it first started doing it. again, RPM's stable, no other issues, and it's a noticeable but minor vibration.

[mention]ChromeX [/mention] do you have a sport diff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fair! what did you get instead? [mention]ChromeX [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk