3620 Software issues

Reaction score
Since I’ve been updated to 3620 software, my car seems to want me to reload myAudi settings all the time. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Wondered if it’s just more sensitive to changes when I turn the car off e.g temperature etc.

I’ve also had instances where it downloads my Audi Connect ‘web’ services every time I get in the car! Annoying notification to get rid of.

To top it off I thought I now had voice control for the air con, as it worked when I first picked up the car after the update, but it never works any more. The voice assistant just says the climate control isn’t available! So it recognises what I’m saying.

The saga continues…

Since I’ve been updated to 3620 software, my car seems to want me to reload myAudi settings all the time. Is this something anyone else has experienced? Wondered if it’s just more sensitive to changes when I turn the car off e.g temperature etc.

I’ve also had instances where it downloads my Audi Connect ‘web’ services every time I get in the car! Annoying notification to get rid of.

To top it off I thought I now had voice control for the air con, as it worked when I first picked up the car after the update, but it never works any more. The voice assistant just says the climate control isn’t available! So it recognises what I’m saying.

The saga continues…
Mine is fine, it remembers me without any trouble. I have previously had the problem you describe - with the car wanting to reload my settings on every journey - when running the original software, so may be a car-to-server issue rather than a v3620 software issue?

Mine had been downloading Audi Connect services every day for a few days now. I just ignore the message and it disappears on its own. From past experience, it will eventually sort itself out.

IIRC the more advanced voice control has to be enabled in the MMI settings (as it uses Audi’s servers). Your car might have reverted back to the more basic onboard voice control (possibly related to your first problem)?

I have the same issue, every time I get in the car it asks me to re-apply my settings. Takes a minute or 2 sometimes. Frustrating but a minor annoyance.

I'm on 3611 and it has done it regularly. Unusually though, it hasn't done it for the last week!

I went in for 3 software updates (took couple of days), and got updated to 3454 :(. I see that there is (assuming higher numbers is latest), 3611 and also 3620. Hmm...might contact that said dealer regarding 'isn't there also a 3611 and 3620 update that I didn't get?

I went in for 3 software updates (took couple of days), and got updated to 3454 :(. I see that there is (assuming higher numbers is latest), 3611 and also 3620. Hmm...might contact that said dealer regarding 'isn't there also a 3611 and 3620 update that I didn't get?
I collected my S3 in April and I’m on 3691. Not sure if software is dependant on the model or not.

3620 is apparently part of the fix for the SOS malfunction, I asked for 3620 and it wasn't until they looked at some of the fixes that were available that they realised it was included in that fix.

3620 is apparently part of the fix for the SOS malfunction, I asked for 3620 and it wasn't until they looked at some of the fixes that were available that they realised it was included in that fix.
3454 software version (for me this was my 3 updates) now SOS pings less frequently and at different places. Previously would always ping near Blackwall Tunnel, now it doesn't anymore.

3454 software version (for me this was my 3 updates) now SOS pings less frequently and at different places. Previously would always ping near Blackwall Tunnel, now it doesn't anymore.
Did you record your software version before it went in before the update? As my December 2020 car had version 3496 out of the factory, and pinged SOS nearly every day. I've since had the measure 91DH and my software has changed to version 3620, and I haven't had a single ping and been signed in without any reboots since (3 weeks now).

Did you record your software version before it went in before the update? As my December 2020 car had version 3496 out of the factory, and pinged SOS nearly every day. I've since had the measure 91DH and my software has changed to version 3620, and I haven't had a single ping and been signed in without any reboots since (3 weeks now).
No I did not look what software version it was prior to dropping the car off. I'm not sure what happened. Surely Audi couldn't have just taken the car for a few days, given me a 'free' courtesy car, and did not do any software updates surely? Have a dash cam, and it showed the car being washed (in house at the dealer), and into the 'workshop' where the bonnet was lifted, they checked the oil, where it remained for the entire day. Car was 'ordered' in Dec 2020, arrived in UK Apr 2021, but I collected in end July 2021.

3454 is the version mine came with in March 2021. It's not been updated yet and I've had the SOS malfunction and the Nav resetting.

It sounds like 3620 is the updated version with issues resolved.

No I did not look what software version it was prior to dropping the car off. I'm not sure what happened. Surely Audi couldn't have just taken the car for a few days, given me a 'free' courtesy car, and did not do any software updates surely? Have a dash cam, and it showed the car being washed (in house at the dealer), and into the 'workshop' where the bonnet was lifted, they checked the oil, where it remained for the entire day. Car was 'ordered' in Dec 2020, arrived in UK Apr 2021, but I collected in end July 2021.
My dealer kept putting me off, saying they needed to replace the Online Connectivity Unit, and the part was on back order. I was very sceptical as the recall stated it was just a software update. They eventually got me in, and they did change the unit, as they left the old one in the passenger footwell (perhaps to prove they had changed it), to do that, the paperwork said the MMI had to be removed.
I've attached photo of my old unit.

Attachments

• 20220817_165015.jpg
    20220817_165015.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
I went on to 3620 a few weeks ago. No more failed call warnings or reboots. The audi web services install happens every 2 - 3 days. Today I have lost all received or recent destinations ( I had them after the software update ).. The audi app reports that a given destination was sent and that destination then shows up in the list of sent destinations. However, the navigation section of the MMI has lost that whole option. Annoying as I was planning to rely on it tomorrow.

Today I have lost all received or recent destinations ( I had them after the software update ).. The audi app reports that a given destination was sent and that destination then shows up in the list of sent destinations. However, the navigation section of the MMI has lost that whole option. Annoying as I was planning to rely on it tomorrow.
I had this again recently. Switching to the Guest user and then back to my user account in the MMI seems to fix it.