Delivery Miles

Reaction score
Alright guys,

Seen another post in the A3/S3 forum

Anyway new RS3 (long story) had 38 miles on the clock when it was collected earlier.

Was wondering if that’s normal for an RS3 or not? Can’t remember any previous VAG car having the mileage so high or maybe I’m not remembering correctly.

Wondering what you lot collected your new cars on?

Also this RS3 has a wireless charging pad in it but still no rear USB-C ports or 360 cameras. At least they’ve put something back in!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's 38 miles, what you worried about, if it was 380 then you'd have a minor question, 3800 yeah new my butt lol

Reactions: Mr Freeze, DangerMouseUK and RichK
Lol fair point

Not really worried just can’t remember seeing delivery mileage being that high before

Do the cars even do more than 5-10 miles under their own steam on the entire journey to the dealer?

Not a big deal just wondering where it’s been on that 38 mile journey lol

They probably test drive to confirm it's all ok, they may deliver to one dealer & move between locations, it happens.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Yeah fair play I’m sure it’s nothing lol

I read some of them get emissions tests too so that would add another 10-15km on the clock

I heard RS cars are given a bit more testing. From what I've seen, anything in the region of 35-50 miles is normal on these cars. Looking back, mine had 42 miles.

Oh so 38/39 is probably right on the money then

That’s the end of that one!

Yeah fair play I’m sure it’s nothing lol

I read some of them get emissions tests too so that would add another 10-15km on the clock

Fancy peple suspecting them of cheating emissions, what's the World coming to :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY, Jassyo06 and DangerMouseUK
O/T but my 8V had 48m when I collected it.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY and DangerMouseUK
Mine had around 43km on it when they unloaded it from the transporter fully covered in transport wrapping so definitely not driven around by the dealer staff. I questioned it and was told that all RS's undergo a test drive before being released by the factory. I don't actually believe that but it would make sense that RS models undergo a more rigorous shakedown.

I just find it hard to imagine a 30-40km test drive being done on each car as they make so many of them.

I’m in miles which is 62km

But I’m guessing it’s normal for UK cars from what the others have said - maybe EU cars travel less distance lol?

It's normal. My 8V had 43 miles and the 8Y, I don't actually recall. Was so blown away with the color when I picked it up!

Collected a new Q2 for my wife last week. Had 8 miles on the clock (granted its not a RS model).

Crikey, well used then.

I bet they stick to the running-in process...

Or has been ragged up and down the docks!

Crikey, well used then.

I bet they stick to the running-in process...

Or has been ragged up and down the docks!
It'll be in transport mode............doesn't allow for ragging anything.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and rngDeadeye