Best OEM looking car stereo / sat nav

harris9053

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Got myself back in a A3 this week after years of selling my old A3.

The car has the stock Audi concert (no screen). I want a new radio that has a screen and one that looks audi oem but with the new technology. Most are Chinese manufacturers. Just wondering what the best one on the market is that looks oem? Got a healthy budget for a decent one. Are the Xtrons ones okay?

Thanks

Not really anything in the market that fills that niche that I've found. I purchased a gloss RNS-E, updated to the latest maps & firmware and added a Bluetooth music adapter and it suits my needs.

Reactions: harris9053
I’d say Xtrons are a safe bet with CarPlay/Android Auto. Just make sure to get a variant with at least 4gb of Ram.

Not really anything in the market that fills that niche that I've found. I purchased a gloss RNS-E, updated to the latest maps & firmware and added a Bluetooth music adapter and it suits my needs.
How did you update? And what bluetooth adapter you fitted? Can you give me some more infos please, as I also have the gloss trim Rns in my A4.

Alpine ilx705D

just fitted one to my B7 A4 as an upgrade to the previous ilx702d I fitted some years ago, brilliant bit of kit and Alpine quality too with wireless carplay. :yahoo:

IMG 6127

Reactions: Fatihh_b7
How did you update? And what bluetooth adapter you fitted? Can you give me some more infos please, as I also have the gloss trim Rns in my A4.
Updating is rather simple, u will just need to purchase a newer DVD disc , i got mine from a guy on Facebook , ( if i mind his 1st name is Steve ) as to the bluetooth i would have thought ur car would have updated 1 already , try pairing ur phone if that works then ur Rnse will be fine.
Mind the Rnse only receives calls unless u have SDS if i mind correctly

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

You can purchase updated firmware discs online. And I can't remember the name of the adapter, but it plugged into the back of the unit, this replaced the aux input functionality, so you can't stream music via an aux cable with Bluetooth fitted. Not that you'd need it.

Most straightforward swap is the new much improved Dynavin HU. Looks OE more tha any other.