SQ5 Couple of issues - Windows and Parking Brake

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Morning guys,

Hope you are all good :)

Since getting the car a couple of months ago (2017 SQ5), I have noticed that when the front windows are open on the car, usually not all the way and I go to close them, they drop down and then I have to close them again. I called Audi and they said to get Audi Assist out, they came and had a look and said it could be a faulty seal causing the anti trap to kick in. I have got the car booked in with Audi as its still got the 12 months used car warranty, so hoping they can get it sorted. Has anyone else had this or know what could be causing this to happen?

Also every now and again, when getting into the car an error pops up on the dash saying 'parking brake malfunction' again, has anyone had this or know whats causing it?

I have asked Audi to look at both of these issues, they have initially said that the diagnostic check and review will be covered under warranty, but the work may not, which is a bit strange, so going to see what comes of it. Unfortunately the appointment with them isnt till a month away.

Any feedback or assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Nilz

Glass position maybe needs adjusting, sometimes even a few mm helps.

Epb, need to see what logs show tbh as it should throw a fault code, could be a stuck motor or switch.

OP - is this a Mk2 SQ5 (B9) that you have? If so then there was a recall regarding the front windows. From memory mine (2018 SQ5) had a software update applied under warranty.

Weird, usually it’s the other way round, diagnostics not covered unless the issue is covered by warranty….
Are you able to scan it to see what the codes are?
Both garages are part of the Sytner group, so hopefully they get it sorted amongst themselves. I havent scanned it yet, but can do and will see what it comes up with.

@Kam05 It is a Mk2 2017 model. I believe it has had all the recalls done, but will double check with them and see if its something that can sort the issue being experienced.

Thanks for the responses guys.