Dashcam Hardwire

Ibains

Reaction score
Hi I was wanting to know if anyone Could help , i've recently purchased a B9 facelift A4 and was wanting to hardwire a dashcam Could someone possibly advice me on which fuse to piggyback off as I would like to be ignition powered and whether its best to piggyback from The front passenger side or Boot ?
Thannk You

Hi, I have a B9.5 so not sure if the same but I used the fuse bank on the passengers side footwell (Not the dash) fuse number 8, bank D which is switched and empty as its used for the Garage door opener. I used a 20amp fuse tap with a single fuse. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20 amp Fuse.JPG
    20 amp Fuse.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 124
  • Main fuse box.JPG
    Main fuse box.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
Reactions: AxlFoley
Hi, I have a B9.5 so not sure if the same but I used the fuse bank on the passengers side footwell (Not the dash) fuse number 8, bank D which is switched and empty as its used for the Garage door opener. I used a 20amp fuse tap with a single fuse. Hope this helps
Hi did you remove the panel or just feed round, also what earth did you use? TIA

Hi did you remove the panel or just feed round, also what earth did you use? TIA
Remove the end trim from the dash. Just feed the wires up towards the A pillar trim which I removed to feed the wire under the airbag.
There is a good earth point under the dash end trim. I used a battery for parking mode but the yellow route will also work from the fuse box.

Attachments

• Earth.JPG
    Earth.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 118
  • Cable Routing to Front.JPG
    Cable Routing to Front.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 114